28: 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒

KINITO'S POV~
My head was ringing. Was i thinking too much? Y would never... Hate... Me... Even if i mess up...
But... If i tell them... I can't just erase their memory if it goes wrong.
I get up from the bed. I have to stop whining about this.
Y was waiting for me with their best friend at the table, the muffin trays set at the window to cool.
I felt their friend's gaze burning me. I couldn't just... Say it ... It's more difficult than that.
Perhaps i never should say it, i mean... Liking someone is nice. But... Stressful. Maybe it'll go away.

When i regained my strength, i shifted back into my human form to make it easier to eat. I sat at the table, the silence deafening.

I began dissociating. I wasn't thinking about anything, but i was lost in thought at the same time.
I snapped out of it when a plate of muffins was set in front of me.

Y/N POV'
I started eating a muffin, as always, it tasted amazing. Usually, when i make muffins i end up eating too many in one sitting and feeling sick for the rest of the day.
It's that feeling where you know you're full but still crave more of a really tasty food.
That's why i only shared three muffins to each person. I know very well how easy it is to get carried away with my amazing food.
My friend was already devouring them while Kinito was taking small and polite bites.

.....aaaand.... Nevermind. Kinito began eating just as fast as my friend. Man, i really cook good!

Y: "How are they, Kinito?"

K: "I didn't think there was anything better than ham out there, but turns out there is!"

I was really glad to see Kinito happier. He was clearly feeling better now.
When we all finished, my friend tapped my shoulder:

Bff: "Hey, Y, could i talk to Kinito alone for a bit?"

My friend was the type of person to give free therapy sessions to people, so i knew this was for a good cause. I gave a thumbs up and went to my room to clean it up a bit.