18: 𝑅𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒

*THIS CHAPTER IS FULLY IN KINITO'S POV!!*

I woke up slowly. As i stumbled out of bed, i remembered what happened this morning. Y/N gave me a phone number to call them before they went to work.
I felt much more relaxed. I look at the clock and notice that it's already 2 pm. I've slept so much...
Oh, but last night ... It was heaven for me. I never thought we'd get so close to cuddle but i was definitely wrong.
That must mean I'm being a good friend, right? I better continue this way!
Now... What would a good friend do while their friend is away? I cleaned the house yesterday...
How about today i just be a good friend by keeping relaxed and responsible. I won't call Y/N at all!
I can be relaxed without that.
I get out of the small bedroom and shift into my human form so nobody sees me through the windows.
I get into the living room where i see a tv with a remote. Perhaps watching some TV won't hurt.
I turned on the TV. I've never seen a remote this futuristic. I flipped through the channels a few times before finding some that interest me.
I stopped at a specific one.
There were tons of bright colors and shapes moving around.
I didn't understand what was going on but i was hooked. It seemed like a cartoony, 2D duck was throwing colored marbles into baskets, while calm music played.
Kinito stared at the screen for almost three hours as the scenes changed between cartoony characters  that were doing many activities.

(CREATOR'S NOTE: Kinito here is literally watching toddler sensory videos. I just see him able to get hooked on that lmao.)

At 6pm, Kinito got up from the couch and turned off the TV.
"In about two hours, Y/N should arrive, and if he's late today, I'll just call!"
Right then, the phone in the hallway rang loudly, scaring Kinito off his feet.
He ran towards it and clumsily picked up the old telephone off the stand.

K: "Erm... Hello!"

Y: "Heya, Kinito! How are you?"

K: "Hah, I'm great! Just a little hungry."

Y: "That's good to hear. You can find milk and cereal in the fridge, or apples, or anything you'd like, just make sure to check expiry dates."

K: "Of course. And... thanks for looking out for me..."

Y: "Anytime, buddy!"

And the call ended. Kinito felt very happy that Y/N thought to check on him.