22: 𝐵𝑙𝑎𝑑𝑒'𝑠 𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒

Your friend arrived. You cautiously looked at Kinito whose eyes widened at the sight of another human.
Your friend just shook your hand and headed straight for Kinito. You try to hide your panic as you attempt to stop them from interacting.

Bff: "Hey, what's your name?"

K: "er... Kinito."

Bff: "oh... That's an interesting name! I've never heard of it before."

Ah... You've heard these words before.
Wonder who from.

Y: "Uh, well, now, me and my coworker will discuss some... Business."

K: "... How long will it take? Can i listen in?"

Bff: "Of course you can..."

Y: "No! I mean ... Erm..."

You nudge your friend to play along. One thing you didn't like about him is that he was extremely disobedient with stuff that involves lying.

K: "You can talk in private, i was just asking..."

Y: "We'll be right back, i promise!"

You took your bff by the hand to the attic, locking the door behind you.

Bff: "Why are you being so weird? Why don't you want him to know?""

Y: "SHHH! He could be listening!"

Bff: "Jeez, if you at least told me what he did to you and gave me a good reason for all this, maybe I'd cooperate."

Y: "Well... Ugh... Do you remember that story i told you when i came back?"

Bff: "Oh no, cliché. You're gonna tell me he has something to do with it. Please!"

Y: "He really is the one who dragged me in, i swear! Everything i said, every little terrible detail... I fucking promise..."

Bff: "I'll need more proof than words, honey. Seriously, are you sure you didn't go into some sort of short coma and dreamed about all this?"

Y: "I do have the perfect proof. Just you wait."

Bff: "I sure hope you do!"

As i unlocked the attic door, i was sure I'd find Kinito right there. Though, to my surprise, he was just on the couch where we left him, looking bored.

Y: "Kinito, you can stay in your real form now"

Kinito looked slightly surprised and suspicious. He didn't say anything, but his looks clearly looked like he'd be asking "Are you sure about this?"

Kinito got up and began transforming.
You felt your friend's hand tighten its grasp on yours. Maybe showing him wasn't a good idea... Doesn't matter, it was too late now. Kinito was now the spooky, 10 foot tall axolotl "thing".

K: "Please don't be scared..."

Bff: "Actually... Your human form was so much hotter..."

The atmosphere calmed down as we all began laughing. Even you began to feel better.

Bff: "Hey, honestly, now i kind of want to talk to you as well, you know, to get to know you."

Your heart froze again when you saw your friend approach Kinito. Right before you lunged to grab him back, your friend gave you an angry gaze.
You step back as they begin talking:

Bff: "So, yknow, my best friend over there is doing this funny thing where they're pretending I'm his coworker. Do you happen to have any idea why they're telling me to lie to you?"

Now you really went white in fear. The only thing you asked of your friend not to do. Now we're both doomed. Kinito's gaze slowly shifted to you. It was over, wasn't it?