23: 𝑂𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘

K: "Oh......"

Your friend looked at you, triumphantly.

K: "They've been acting weird since this morning... I don't know... So, YOU'RE their best friend?"

...You were hoping he didn't hear that. But, seems he did, and it's not looking great for you.

Bff: "Yeah... We've been best friends since high school!"

Kinito looked away. Instead of an angry monster was a sad, hurt friend.
Perhaps it was not him who was the monster.

K: "Well... They told me they had a nightmare this morning but never told me what about...."

Bff: "Well, my job here is done. I'll let you two talk this through. Y, keep me updated and BE HONEST."

You remain speechless as your friend leaves. You wanted to run after them. You felt like you'll get killed any second.

K: "Why... Are you acting like this?"

Y: "Kinito, please... Don't..."

Kinito stepped closer, his long legs creating loud footsteps as you held your eyes closed. When you opened them, he was right in front of you. A static noise was coming from him as he lifted one of his hands up above you.
As he swung it towards you, you whined and flinched. However, he didn't hit you. He just barely missed you.

K: "Y, I'm tired of lies. You're scared of me, aren't you? What was the nightmare about?"

Y: "You."

Kinito didn't seem upset, but rather disappointed for being left in the dark about it.

K: "How can i make you not scared of me? I'll do anything."

Y: "Will you ever... Send me back into the digital world?"

K: "Not unless you agree to it. And not forever."

Y: "Are you upset about the fact that you're not my best friend?"

K: "No. I'm upset about the fact you haven't told me I'm not."

You felt extremely guilty. That nightmare really messed you up. You've made some heartless decisions today.

Y: "Kinito...."

K: "Yes?"

Y: "I'm sorry. I'm... I messed up ..."

Kinito kneeled down to your height and hugged you tightly. His real form giving you a hug really softened your fear of it.

Y: "Is it possible to... Have two best friends?"

K: "You can have as many as you want."

Y:  "Then... You're one of my best friends. Thank you so much..."

You felt something wet stain your shoulder. Was it the average axolotl goo or was Kinito... Crying?
We stayed like this for a while.

K: "I'm.... Glad you can consider me that."