1 | cursed broom

𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫

it was the morning of slytherin vs. gryffindor's match. I had made sure my broom was properly working, i had to clean every one of my equipment to make sure i wont lose against the snakes.

all our fifth year classmates were in the sides of the pitch, cheering as me and my team mates hid within the quidditch tent. "Is everyone ready?" I ask my teamates, then glaringnat the weasley twins, "both of you, take it seriously this time. I don't care about your fun, as long as we win the house cup, then i'tll be fine." I turned back to the doors.

I was clearly nervous; slytherin's were viscous, sly snakes that didn't care unless they proved themselves, they liked to play dirty. i heard the doors open, calling out our teams to reveal ourselves within the grounds.

hearing the cheers of every houses, betting on teams, "Gryffindor!" banners, and "slytherin!" Banners were everywhere, some of my house mate's faces were painted with yellow and red; the colors of my team, i smirked.

I saw marcus flint who's team followed behind him with a cocky smirk, "Goodluck wood, you need it." He looked down at me. "We agreed to play fair." I glared at his team.

our hands intertwined for a handshake before the game started, i kicked off from the ground and flew to the hoops, george and fred had positioned themselves, george was guarding me and fred was guarding the chasers.

"George, go guard the seeker instead. It's the most important!" I ordered, as he nodded. A few minutes into the game, i had blocked atleast five of the slytherin chaser's attempt to shoot the ball into the hoops which they misrebly failed.

the score was 50/20, we were thirty points higher than the other teams. My chasers had flew faster and higher around, stealing the quaffle from one another, while the two seekeers pushed each other, and i was here, blocking the rival's attack.

a bludger was coming in the way of both the seekers, i saw george, flying over to beat it away, but failed, luckily, it hit the slytherin's seeker instead of mine.

another quaffle was shot by the slytherins, i spaced out too much, my blood boiled. For the past few minutes, Fred and george knocked out atleast two slytherins, our score went from fifty to a hundred, while theirs was seventy, what a pity. I smirked.

i had loved quidditch since, and i refused to lose this year or any year soon. It was my passion to compete, especially if they're dirty players like slytherin.

our seeker had gone up to the sky, chasing the golden snitch, as i waited within the hoops, looking where the quaffle was going to hit.

Miles on the other side; had been a bit too dizzy to protect their hoops, that's what they get for hosting parties everyweek in their filthy dungeon.

before i knew it, fred was knocked out to the ground, while george frowned, scared. "it's okay, we can do this!" I shout, encouraging them.

for the next three minutes, the score was 120, slytherin and 100 gryffindor, i started to rage inside, but i was thought to be calm as always by my mother.

I was panicking on the inside, mad and furious, that i didn't even know what was happening anymore, i glaced by our bleachers of gryffindors, it was a girl with a pony tail, brown shiny hair and bangs blocking her forehead, shouting and cheering for gryffindor like the proud prefect she is.

i was caught offguard when i found a bludger  coming towards me, i tried to move away but my broom wouldnt budge; shit. without any thoughts, i caught it with my hand- which was clearly a bad idea, as i heard it crack, i groaned as it bent it totally, bringing my weight down as i was pushed down the hoops, falling from my broom.

"Chaser, and captain of the gryffindor team has fallen! How can the gryffindor team manage?" Madame hooch said,

"Captain oliver!" I heard the people from gryffindor scream in agony, it was over, we were going to lose. My head hit the sandy ground away from the soft green grasses, knocking out my head to the black.

"Joey Charles had caught the snitch, gryffindor wins the game, rising stars of quidditch!" Madame hooch shouted, announcing our temporary seeker as i completely blacked out in the hot sand.