18 | the night

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫

"The gryffindor quidditch team and their captain, Oliver wood!" I walked in from behind the humongous door, my team wore formal dress robes, the girls showed off their muscular arms.

one by one the quidditch teams of each houses came down the halls greeted by applauses from their own houses as professor mcgonagall announces them one by one.

"Gryffindor head girl and boy, Percy weasley and Iris Valenzuela!" the girl walked in with a gradient colored scarlet dress almost matching mine; a white dress polo, black slacks and dress shoes, brown vest, and my gryffindor tie and a maroon robe.

her eyes drifted to mine; the plans were dissapearing from my mind. It wad alot harder to ask when i'd seen her. Percy carried her hand, while roaming down the hall, getting into their places.

pies, pastries and goods were on the tables by, the two gryffindors followed by another pair of prefects from other houses behind.

"We are happy to see you attend this event in your wonderful dress robes. We inform you that you are free to do whatever you like in this ball as long as you enjoy. This dance of prefects will be dedicated to encourage each house to find their pairs and dance with grace as a starting point." Iris said confidently with a smile, she had light make up on ehich made her a bit more beautiful.

The pairs of prefects started to dance from the middle, i invited angelina to do a friendly dance to me either way i had to dance with penelope instead.

Iris and percy danced with each other as an honor; some people steayed behind, starting to feast on the food on the round tables.

after the first dance, they played an upbeat party so the students could vibe and dance or eat happy. Or both.

i didn't know when to ask iris for a date. If not now, when? I walked though the crowd to find the small girl, looking around as i bump into someone.

"Oliver," i look down, a girl wearing a sequence dress.

take Iris on a date,
take her to the astronomy tower,
fly her to beautiful views,
apologize.

I passed by the girl, searching more deep to the crowd, my eyes met the girl, no longer in her pony tail, wavy hair scattered on her collar bones.

She was alone, looking around to make sure no one was looking, in a second, she dissapeared.

she was nowhere in the ballroom. I grabbed my broom as i launched to the air, worried.

 I grabbed my broom as i launched to the air, worried

𝐈𝐫𝐢𝐬

i walked to the wooden bridge, to the quidditch pitch. There were owls cooing down the woods, the sounds of the river flowing beneath me.

a wand gripped in my hand, surely no broomsticks. The anti intruder jinx. Repeated in mind.

I walked down the hills to the quidditch tent, checking the insides if there were any green auras anywhere, none. Check.

before i proceeded to the quidditch pitch, i was lost in thought. atleast i died trying, right?

i stepped into the fields of grass, a cold feeling crawled in my skin, making my cheeks flutter.

i looked around the benches, finding any tint of green other than the slytherin tents, i took a deep breath in.

A few minutes later, there was no intruder atleast. For now. I stayed put in the middle of the pitch, looking around, putting a shielding charm on me.

I heard a cracking noise under the clothed bleachers, a green tint of aura roamed around. I gently and quietly stood up clenching my jaw.

i told myself to make the jinx big, like how dumble dore casted the spell on the castle.

i look at the black floating cloth that flew to the air, greenish aura within it. I heard a cracking sound from behind, making me alarm there incase of an ambush.

there was nothing. I stayed looking at the there for a bit then looking back. All i saw was black. A black cloth, i looked up.

the horrific creature with its bloody red eyes, looking down at me as i felt the bones of his hands pierce inside my abandomen.