Chapter 1

Karma's P.O.V
I sat on my bed waiting for my dad to get home. My mom died two years ago and it has been hell ever since. I heard the door slam and I know what was gonna come next. He came up to my room and stumbled over to my bed. "What did I tell you to do after school?" He slurred. "You said to come straight home and clean the house and I did dad." I replied with my heart beating heavily in my chest. He looked around and swiped his finger on the table. "Does this look spotless?" He asked and I sat looking at him. "When I ask you a question you fucking answer!" He shouted slapping me across the face. "Does this look spotless?!" He asked again. I knew if I said yes I would just get worse than what was already instored. "N-no d-dad I'm s-sorry." I stuttered crying. "I didn't think so." He said then grabbed my hair pulling me up. "I told you to clean and you didnt!" He shouted slapping me continuously. "Dad I did, I swear." I choked out.
"And then you lie about it! You fucking bitch!" He shouted kicking me in the stomach. He stopped then took another drink walking out. I layed on the floor crying. I really don't see the point of me crying it was our everyday routine anyway. I managed to pull myself up and layed on the bed crying myself to sleep.
~next morning~
"Get up now!" My father's voice shouted and I shot up. I quickly got ready for school. Being gentle with the bruises from last night. I went downstairs and stood in front of him. "Don't be late tonight we're having guests and I expect you to be on your beat behaviour." He said looking at me seriously. "Okay daddy, i- I love you." I said in a low tone and he scoffed.
"Sure you do." He mumbled eating. I sighed then started my walk to school. Yes I am a 16 year old girl without a drivers' license. As I walked to school I wondered what it would be like to have a family that loved me, because even when my mom was with us we weren't a loving family we were somewhat distant. I shook the thoughts out of my head and continued to another dreadful day at school.