8. Calm Down

It had been a week since I had seen her

It had been a week since I had seen her. And the days I had spent after  had been nothing but a waste of Ruhan's time and effort. Because I could not get a single work done without drifting into deep thoughts of my brief encounter with my to-be-wife.

She had occupied each and every single thought.
Every routine of my painfully stringent life and annoyingly enough I was not able to do anything. Not even what I had planned weeks before. Such as the contract with one of the new suppliers for the company.

I could only find myself craving to know more about the mystery who had barged her way into my life.

After exactly three days of completely suffering with the new side of me I had never known even existed. I decided to do the one thing I knew I was not supposed to do.

I contacted Shyam Malhotra to give me the contact details of his source. Who was well known for getting details about anyone and everyone.

It took two calls to give out the orders. My demand was simple.

'I needed to know everything about Debasmita Mukherjee.'

It didn't matter if the information was small or big. Anything she had done, liked or had to offer was mine to take without a question.

And nearly three days later.

I got a bunch of professional details and nothing much about her personal likes except the fact that she seemed to be extra extroverted and could befriend a 'Wild Animal' if asked to do so.

And even after that brief background search. More like a mice squabbling around for any fragment of cheese. I was still very much plagued with the disease of wanting to know more about her.

More than anyone else could ever know her.
I wanted to be the only one who knew the parts of her she even hid to herself.

And this was all after one meeting.
One fucking meeting.

It was so absurd that it churned my gut in the wrong way when my logical and impassive mind thought about it.

And after a whole week's suffering and unproductivity I had finally found a reason fair enough to come back to Kolkata without sounding like the desperate man to Ruhan and maa.

But deep within I knew I was.
I was...

Fucking. Desperate.

A flight and two very useless meetings later. I finally was where I wanted to be.

This is not Bombay.

It's ok. No one can recognize me that easily here. Right?

I pondered to myself while I stood outside the university. Aware of my surrounding and the obvious attention of many of the female students who passed by.