12. Letters

(2 Days Later)

(2 Days Later)

"Sir... You have a letter."

"A letter of resignation?" I asked not looking up from the paper piled in front of me.

"I believe it maybe a love letter." Ruhan bemused.
"It's an office not high school. Throw it away." I said carelessly.

"I wouldn't have brought it to you if it weren't from Miss Debasmita." Ruhan continued sound even more amused and I felt a kind of excitement upon hearing her name but I soon crushed the smile that graced my lips and looked up at him.

"Give it to me."
He passes the letter to me and walks out of the room.

But as I am opening the letter he pops his head inside the cabin and smirks at me, "Sir, you should smile more. Makes you seem more human. At least for the sake of your wife to be."

I glare at him and he raises his hands up and walks away surrendering.

Maybe I had been too lenient on him recently. He is running his mouth around too much. I shake my head planning on what I should do to enstill fear within him again.

While opening the letter.
.

.

.

.

June 2, 1995

Dear Anurag (Anu),

I hope this letter brings a smile to your face, just as the thought of you brings one to mine. It's exciting and a little nerve-wracking to think about our upcoming marriage, but mostly, I feel incredibly happy and hopeful. I thought I'd take this chance to share a bit more about myself and to get to know you better.

My name, as you know, is Debasmita. My friends call me Deba. I'm 21 years old and I've always been the sunshiny, bubbly one in the group. I love spreading joy and positivity wherever I go. I live with my parents and am a handful to my older brothers and a pain in Debashish's ass, but also their sweetheart.

Our home is always filled with laughter, music, and the delicious aroma of my mother's cooking.

I will be soon graduating with a degree in English Literature, and I dream of becoming someone who can live in the world of literature and create it one day. I find solace in books – they are my escape into different worlds.

I also enjoy painting even though Debashish calls it a disaster I do like to believe it is abstract art; it's my little way of expressing what's in my heart. Music is another passion of mine – I love singing in the shower along to Lata Mangeshkar's songs and dancing to the beats of Bollywood tunes.

Now, I'm eager to learn more about you, Mr. Anurag Roy.

What are your hobbies and interests apart from business? Do you have a favorite song? What kind of food do you enjoy the most?