18. Trouble in Paradise

(1 week later)

(1 week later)

I woke up feeling a wave of nausea crash over me.

The morning sun barely peeked through the curtains. Anurag was still asleep beside me, his rhythmic breathing a comforting backdrop. His face, peaceful, filled with serene masculinity. His dark brown hair fell messily across his forehead, and a few strands brushed against his closed eyelids.

The early morning light cast a gentle glow on his chiseled jawline, highlighting the light stubble that gave him an effortlessly rugged look. His lips, slightly parted, were relaxed and soft, a stark contrast to the firm set they often had during the day. His thick lashes rested delicately on his cheeks, framing his eyes in a way that made him appear almost boyish. The gentle rise and fall of his chest under the thin sheet indicated the deep, restful sleep he was in.

For a moment, I forgot the nausea that had been plaguing me. I was completely mesmerized by the sight of him, his handsome face so peaceful and vulnerable in sleep. The sight of him facing me, still in his arms, my body naturally curled towards his, made my heart swell with love and affection.

I marveled at how incredibly attractive he looked, even in such a vulnerable state. The small, unconscious gestures—the way his hand occasionally twitched or how his lips curved into a slight smile—only added to his charm.

As I watched him, a wave of tenderness washed over me, momentarily overshadowing the discomfort in my stomach. I reached out gently, brushing a stray lock of hair from his forehead, careful not to wake him. The touch of his skin against my fingertips was a reminder of the deep connection we shared, a bond that seemed to grow stronger with each passing day.

Despite the nausea gnawing at me, I couldn't help but lean down and place a soft kiss on his forehead.

Anurag stirred slightly, his eyes fluttering open as he registered my presence. A sleepy smile spread across his face as he reached out and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer.

"Morning," he murmured, his voice thick with sleep.

"Morning," I whispered back, my heart full of love for this man who had become my everything.

Just as I settled into the warmth of his embrace, a sudden wave of nausea hit me with full force. My stomach churned violently, and I felt bile rise in my throat. I quickly disentangled myself from Anurag's arms, pressing a hand to my mouth as I bolted for the bathroom.

"Love?" Anurag's voice was laced with concern, his sleep-fogged mind quickly waking up to my sudden movement.

I barely made it to the toilet before I was heaving, the nausea overwhelming me. Anurag was at the bathroom door in an instant, his worried eyes watching me as I retched.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with anxiety as he knelt beside me, his hand gently rubbing my back.

"I don't know what's wrong," I managed to say between breaths, my forehead resting on the cool porcelain. "I've never felt like this before."