vn/um pt. 2 : yet i fell for that nerd

virgin nerd / (un)remember me part 2
published june 7, 2024. 7937 words
yeji pov.

"Damn," I say to myself, ruffling up my hair with my chin low. Hearing Ryujin engaging in conversation with the cheer girls turns my head. My stomach churns when her stare lays on my table.

"What?" Soobin catches on and leans toward me, smacking on a mouthful of his sandwich. His eyes follow mine to the cheer-conversing table. "Oh? Who's the next lucky girl?"

"Nah, no next girl. The same fucking one. I'm starting to feel bad."

As he's unsympathetic to every being in the world, he scoffs, "Feel bad? About what?"

"Ghosting her after a fuck." I rub my face and groan in remorse into my palms.

"Didn't she wanna keep fucking, or did I hear the story wrong?"

Yeonjun chooses to play the good guy role and resent. "Chill. I'm sure it's not a big deal. Who are you even talking about?"

"Ryujin!"

Taehyun tuts and creases his face weirdly. "It's not like she's gonna fuck anyone ever again." He manages to make Soobin laugh. Just Soobin.

Yeonjun glares at Taehyun for his remark. "That's not true. She's definitely going to with someone that's just right for her," he says. Then, he taps on his phone.

I turn my gaze to Yeonjun as I listen to his perspective; curiosity switches my expression. Why does he care like that?

Soobin beats me to my interrogation. "What, bro? Look, I'm not trying to cock-block, but when'd you start to care like you were heartbroken?"

"What?" Yeonjun mocks. "I'm just saying."

"Okay, then."

After a moment of silence, Yeonjun stands up. "Matter of fact, I'm going to go talk to her."

"What?" I object. "Why?"

"Why not?" He leaves our table and approaches the other, taking a seat next to Ryujin.

My jaw grinds with ease while I look at it. My heart aches at the thought of Yeonjun's possible goals.

Yeonjun conveys a loser-fuckboy. I don't know how anyone could take him seriously. Honestly, I don't really fuck with the guy when he's all "lovebirdy."

-

Marking the halls on the way to my next class, I scan around the area my buddy normally waits for me. "Where's Yeon?" I ask Soobin. "He's usually over here."

"I don't fuckin' know." Soobin's head darts to a different location. "Oh, over there!"

I match up with his line of sight and freeze.

"What the hell is he doing with that chick? I thought he'd leave it alone today." He mentions another factor we notice. "Goddamn! Look, bro."

Ryujin strutted beside Yeonjun, and step by step, the dress she rocked unveiled what seduction hides.

"What the fuck are they doing?" I sass and immediately stomp towards them.

An innocent smile grows on Ryujin's face, causing me to stop in my tracks. She adjusts a bundle of her hair over her shoulder and fiddles with her feet. She even giggles toward the sudden Prince Charming act my friend is playing.

Soobin grabs my shoulder for prevention. "Let him do his thing. He wants to try her, too," he jokes, pushing me off playfully.

I shove and berate him for his disrespect. "No, fuck that! I'm not letting it happen. So, be cool and shut the fuck up, 'cause you're acting dumb right now."