Chapter 4 (Ty) Don't judge the book by its cover!

Again, what the actual f*ck is wrong with me today? 

These thoughts do not have any right to be roaming my brain. I promised never to fall for anyone again; love is only a painful reminder of our mortality and misery. 

I do better focusing on things I can control, like our MC business. Caring for these two won't work. I guess if the girl is mine, I will have to find a nanny to take care of her. But I am not responsible for the teacher so I don't need to worry about her.

As I was musing, I heard someone clearing their throat.

"And who are you? What are you doing in this room?"

"Oh, sorry, ma'am. My name is Marlene. I am a nurse here. I brought my friends here because we knew Mandy."

"So, are you here for Sammy? How come the records show that Mandy didn't have anyone?"

That comment hits me hard. At the Fire Bringers, we are all family. If Mandy needed help, she should have stayed with us, regardless of who the father of her child was.

"Let's talk outside," I said, using my commanding Prez voice.

Once outside, I could tell the lady who had just arrived kept looking at my eyes, surely making a mental connection with Sammy's, if what Marlene had said was true.

"So, who are you, and what is your connection with the patients?" asked Marlene.

"My name is Carla. I am the social worker assigned to Samantha's case. Alexia Wyatt is a friend, and she contacted me a few months ago when she realized Mandy and Sammy needed help. As you can tell, that lady is willing to risk her own life to protect those she cares about."

"Yes, we can see that. So, what are Sammy's next steps, and how can we help?"

"Are you direct family? If not, I can't be sharing information about this case. However, just because this is such a tragic situation I can tell you that Sammy would be transferred to the foster care system. 

To avoid such a drastic change, Alexia will be assigned to care for her. Sammy already knows Ms. Wyatt; she is a respected citizen who happens to be certified as a foster parent. After a couple of months, we will have to look for a permanent solution."

"We are here because my friends suspect I might be Samantha's father. Before you ask, Mandy left our MC without informing me she was pregnant and never contacted us for help."

"Were you two in a stable relationship?"

"Not really; it was more of a casual fling. However, if there is a remote chance that the little girl in that room is mine, I will take care of her."

"Interesting turn of events. Please explain better how you all are related to Mandy, and we will take it from there."

For the next few minutes, the brothers and I talked to Carla about our club, my position, and my past relationship with Mandy.

Suddenly, we heard a panicked, loud shriek coming from the room. Instinctively, and in hindsight, without thinking, Basilisk, GD, and I busted into the room with our hands reaching for the guns we carried under our cuts.

I was the first one crashing through the door; the little girl was now crouching close to the teacher, who was protectively covering the girl with her body.

She looked like a magnificent mama bear, and hell, if that didn't make me pay attention. I could tell in her eyes there was pain from the abrupt protective move, a hint of surprise, and fear.

Being realistic, we are a scary sight alone; imagine the three of us with our huge size coming through a tiny door all at once. We are idiots, for sure!