Chapter 17 (Ty) The Wicked Witch of the West

Arrgh! What an awful headache. It has been over two years since I have been this wasted.

Basi offers me a cup of black coffee to try to reanimate me. He always had my back. I barely remember last night, but it is evident he brought me to his apartment after I got stupid drunk. Halfway through my cup, Marlene walks in with a scowl.

"What the fuck are you still doing here?"

"C'mon, my head hurts; give me a second before I take care of MC's business!"

"Who the hell cares about MC business? I am asking you when you will get your head out of your a$$ and honestly open your heart to Alexia!"

"Marlene, your stupid theory of fate and our relationship being written in the stars was debunked last night. She can't stand me. I might be friend material, but nothing else."

"Forget about stars; just take a minute to get out of your narcissistic brain and try to think why Alexia would react like she did. We know so little about her. 

What I do know is that she called me crying after you left. She was afraid she ruined things for you two. That is not a sign of someone who doesn't see you as more than a friend. Why aren't you at the club? Alexia is probably already there looking to speak with you."

Damn it! I am so used to people doing as I say as a Prez that sometimes my ego gets out of hand. 

Last night was a clusterfuck. Alexia looked radiant in that dress and my whole body was ready to claim her. Our conversation was fluid and enticing. 

Between being desperate to finally taste heaven in Alexia's arms and the whiplash of rejection, my brain was not thinking straight. Seeing Alexia hide in her bathroom triggered images of my own mother walking out on me. 

All that, combined with booze, made me the most idiotic man on earth. 

I was ranting to Basi instead of being by Alexia's side, reassuring her that I would always be patient with her. I obviously showed her I am an a$$hole. I need to talk to her and ask her to give me another chance. 

I freshened up as fast as possible and started walking towards the clubhouse, followed closely by Basi and Marlene.

When we were just a couple of feet from the door, I spotted Selene watching sadly as Alexia hugged Samantha. The image wouldn't have been suspicious if I hadn't noticed that they were both crying.

As I get closer, I can hear the last part of their conversation.

"You will always be my dancing butterfly, and I will carry you here," Alexia says, touching her chest over her heart.

Samantha sees me and immediately exclaims, "Giant, don't let Alexia leave! She is my best friend; why is she leaving?"

What the hell is going on?

"Tiny lady, I was an idiot last night. Can we please talk?"

"Don't Tiny Lady me, Typhon! I heard what you said about us last night. And I think you are right. You will be better off with a club girl who can give you what you want," Alexia said, trying, and failing, to control her emotions. "Let me assure you that it took all my willpower to let you in. I had to fight years of fears and traumas to accept your advances, but you didn't really care. All the nice words you told me were only a way to get you a new fuck. Must have been frustrating not getting the frigid, lonely teacher in your bed!"

I am glad that Selene noticed Alexia's demeanor and decided to take Sammy to the park. What I am not happy about is seeing Alexia so worked out and upset.