Chapter 15 (Ty) Shadows from the past!

She accepted me, and though I sensed a slight tension, she soon relaxed in my arms. I need to keep my restraint between my desire to continue and my respect for her boundaries. A simple hug is a significant step with her, but I yearn to feel her lips and explore her skin. I feel like a Neanderthal!

Alexia might not have visible physical scars, but paying close attention to her body language allowed me to notice specific nuances. She is constantly on high alert and watchful around a big group of people. 

My tiny lady seems relaxed when children are involved, but adults make her nervous. The bigger the crowd, the more vigilant she is. I have noticed her clenching her jaw, retracting abruptly, or tensing if someone pats her back or touches her hand.

I am determined to uncover her whole story and to protect her at all costs. But at this moment, after a delightful ride to the lake, under the stars, and the occasional burst of colorful fireworks, my tiny lady is in my embrace, and it feels like the perfect moment. 

I have felt this need to protect Alexia since the moment I saw her in that hospital room, hurt but bravely covering Samantha from harm. After that, all our interactions have generated mixed feelings, driving me nuts, but right now, I am sure of what I want with her in my arms. 

This woman represents a new chance in my life, and I need to be strong enough to accept the changes she represents. Talking about feelings and dealing with others' points of view is something I am not used to and will be difficult. 

But forming a family with her and Samantha is worth it.

I press a tender kiss to her head, and she instinctively looks up into my eyes. There is so much vulnerability in those eyes that it almost pains me.

"Alexia, you are an amazing woman, and I want to try this with you. The late-night conversations, the time spent with Samantha, the laughing with Basi and the siblings—every one of those moments has helped me see you for all the beauty you bring to our lives. Would you be willing to explore a relationship with me beyond friendship?"

Her eyes tensed, and her face turned sad.

"I don't feel ready yet. I am afraid of many things. I might disappoint you, or you might end up preferring someone else. I am not prepared to risk my heart for you. I know you are not asking me for anything serious, but if we go down that route and you regret it, I might not be able to stay friends. I am about to leave anyway, so can we enjoy what we have and live it day by day?"

My ego was bruised, and my chest clenched. I was almost sure she wanted the same as I did, but I needed to take things slowly to break down Alexia's walls.

"Alexia, I haven't felt this attraction for anyone since Victoria. You are very different from Victoria, but that doesn't make you less important to me. I will work hard to show you that we belong together, and maybe then you will decide to stay."

We remained silent after that. Alexia stayed in my arms, and I didn't move until it was late and we needed to return home. The ride on the bike was torture, and I was convinced I would end up in the ER with the worst case of blue balls.

After that, we continued hanging out together without having a romantic conversation. Still, I kept testing the waters with her. We explored more personal topics, and I found ways to get closer to her physically without making her feel threatened. 

Sometimes, I held her hand; others, I gently put my hand on the small of her back; and other times, I threw my arm over her shoulder. Little by little, I could feel her reacting more naturally to my touch. 

I know she wants me as much as I do, but her walls are taller than mine and will take time.

Our relationship is blooming between having sweet family time with Samantha and having fun bartering with the guys. We spend most of our alone time at her house when Sammy stays with the siblings or friends. There, we watch movies, prepare dinners, or sit down and chat. It is easy and peaceful.