Chapter 7 (Ty) Getting to know you!

Early the following day, I sat down with the twins, GD and Basilisk, to discuss a plan of action. After all, if I want to do this parenting thing correctly, I will need my four best friends by my side.

"Thank you for coming!"

"Anything for you, Typhon! You know we have your back. So, what do you want to talk to us about?" said Basi.

"First, I want to let you know that Marlene made me realize last night that I need to spend more time with Samantha. So, Basi, I will need you to work with Draco (our VP) so you guys can cover club business matters next week. I plan to take a few days off to spend them with my girl!"

"Sure, no problem!"

"Wait, not that fast cowboy. Have you talked this out with Alexia? I don't think she is the kind that enjoys people constantly around her."

"What are you talking about? You were the one busting my balls cause I wasn't spending that much time with my daughter. Ms. Wyatt is all smiles with Sammy. Plus, I told her I would go earlier for dinner."

"OK, let me explain something. She might tolerate people around her for a few hours, but every day for a few days might not be her cup of tea. Technically, you would invade her privacy, so you need to spend time there gradually. Maybe suggest taking Sammy a few hours out so Ms. Wyatt can have time for herself?"

"You mentioned something about her health last night. And now you are saying all this. What are you trying to get at, Marlene? You know I am not the most patient person."

"I think Alexia is dealing with her own demons, and pushing her might make her snap. Listen, I am no doctor or expert. But there are a couple of prescriptions in her house that suggest she is dealing with much more than we know. She needs time to focus on her, not only on Sammy. She only has a few days left before returning to school."

"GD, what did you find out through her background check?" Basi questioned.

"There is not much to say. It is like she didn't exist before she turned 18. Her digital footprint is almost nonexistent. No social media, school, or medical records from before that age. I couldn't even find her high school diploma. There are records of her college years and then her first two jobs, which, oddly enough, she changed every two years. She has been here for a year and a half, so if the pattern is correct, she might be leaving town in around six months," GD stated.

"Humm, the relocating every so often and the lack of past background definitely makes me think she is running from her past. It could be as simple as her creating a better life or maybe an abusive lover; who knows?" concluded Basi, letting his former SEAL experience seep through his words.

"GD, I need you to dig deeper. Find out more information because I don't know if any of Ms. Wyatt's ghosts could eventually impact my girl." And, I won't say it out loud, but thinking about a potentially abusive past lover messing with this lady suddenly made my protective primal instincts go on alert.

"Damn, can you be any more selfish!" said Marlene disappointed. That is the only tone I have heard lately from my friend's mouth. I love her like a sister, and she, indeed, is annoying as one.

"What? What is wrong with protecting my kid?"

"Nothing is wrong with that, but don't you think Alexia also needs protection?"

"Didn't you tell me that she doesn't like people intruding on her life? Unless she asks for our help, there is not much we can do. Alexia is not part of the club and is a temporary solution. The school will be out in a month, and by then, I hope that Samantha will be ready to live here so that Ms. Wyatt can return to her adult-less routine." I don't know why it is so hard to admit to my friends that I also somehow care for this woman.