Chaton On a Roof with His Lady

Adrien Agreste possibly being her match, really didn't help Marinette feel better. First off, the man was gorgeous, and she had totally been in love with him as a teen, just like almost every other girl in Paris. His pictures used to cover her room from wall to ceiling and she still kept every magazine since he started modeling. It didn't help that his father was her favorite fashion designer, who she worked so hard over the years to be like. Even if she was Ladybug, the epitome of luck herself, she really couldn't be that lucky right?

Fangirling for her, Alya pulled over a chair to continue stalking the model online, until she found a picture that caused her eyes to widen in surprise as she suddenly spoke, "Alya stop, go back one." The picture flipped back to the one before and there he was wearing his dark gray suit with black button-up shirt and matching black tie. Back when they were both fifteen. A black bowler hat sat on top of his properly styled blonde hair with a long white feather in the band. It was the hat she had made, winning his father's contest.

Then there she was beside him, her arm wrapped around his waist. His arm slung over her shoulder as they smiled at the camera. Her cheeks slightly pink in the picture. She remembered the nerves from that day, but beating Chloe after she tried to cheat, had been the icing on the cake, after meeting Adrien that is. He was such a sweetheart. He even caught her when she tripped before the photo, joking that she was falling for him and then he winked at her. That was when her crush had started. Over time though she finally realized it would never happen, she hadn't seen him again in person since then. Now though, he might be her match. She was completely overwhelmed, her past crush coming back like a flood filling her heart and her mind with Adrien Agreste.

_______________________________________________

Marinette said goodbye to Alya, closing the bakery door behind her and heading back to her room. She was finally feeling a bit more herself after the revelations of the day, finally settled in her mind, heart, and gut. Making her way to her balcony, she pushed open the skylight hatch and pulled herself onto the wooden floor.

The Paris night was quiet. The cobblestone road in front of the Boulangerie no longer full of tourists or Parisians, as night had fallen hours before. Unfortunately, the light pollution didn't allow for star gazing, but the atmosphere was still serene. It was just what Marinette needed after the crazy day she had.

"How are you feeling now Marinette?" Tikki asked as she perched on the guardrail beside her. "It's still a little overwhelming to think that The Adrien Agreste, Paris's Most Eligible Bachelor, could be my match." Moving from the rail to her chosen's line of sight Tikki professed, "well, look at it this way, if he is indeed your match, he isn't so eligible anymore, right? Marinette's cheeks immediately turned pink at the thought. What a way to bag the most wanted man in all of Paris, a baby lottery. This was every Parisian girl's dream. "And apparently, he's my soulmate too, at least genetically speaking, according to the letter. I guess if it is him, it was meant to be."

"What was meant to be, Purrrincess?"

The question came from behind her, causing Marinette to scream and flail her arms as she tripped over her own feet, falling backward and over the rail. A black leather hand grasped her hip before she could completely slide over and off of the balcony. "Woah there, pretty lady, sorry I didn't mean to startle you that badly," the voice spoke through a chuckle. Marinette opened her eyes as he helped place her feet back on the balcony floor.

"Ch...Chat Noir? What are you doing here?" Marinette quickly swept her eyes across the balcony looking for Tikki, beathing a sigh of relieve when she couldn't find her. "Well, that's not a great greeting for someone who just saved the purrincess from falling off the tower," the villain stated, taking a step back from the now stable girl. "Ha, you are the one who scared me making me fall, you mangy cat!" Marinette spat back at him as she stepped forward, poking a finger into his chest.

Chat Noir raised an eyebrow at the girl. No civilian had ever stood up to him like that before. Usually, they would cower and run away, but this girl had a fire in her. He remembered that about her earlier when he was reminiscing over the bowler hat. He should have known she wouldn't be a push over.

"Well, seems the purrincess has a bit of a temper. Aren't you scared I might cataclysm that pretty little head of yours right of that tight ass body you got there?" Chat said licking his lips as he smirked. Huffing at his statement, Marinette started to snark back, but caught a glimpse of her attire. She was wearing her white and pink spaghetti strap tank and boy short underwear. She hadn't been worried about anyone seeing her so high up, but she had forgotten that the alley cat had rooftop access. Her face suddenly turned red as her superhero suit, now that she knew what he was commenting on.

"Don't be shy now. You look sexy as hell in that."

Remembering where she was and who she was with, Marinette swallowed the lump in her throat and stared directly into the glowing green eyes before her. "Answer the question, Tom Cat. What are you doing here?" Instead of answering, Chat reached behind him pulling out his baton and lengthened it slightly, allowing himself to lean nonchalantly on it with his feet crossed. The position giving him a showman like air, as if he was part of an old theatre show. His smile stretched widely across his features and his green eyes narrowed as his cheeks rose. Marinette had to admit the guy was quite attractive, but he was a cocky little shit, not to mention her nemesis.

Clearing his throat he finally spoke to answer her, "I just happened to be running through the city looking for a little red bug to squish," Marinette cringed slightly at the remark, hoping he hadn't noticed. Though by the way he was admiring his long, black cat nails, he probably didn't. "I just happened to see a beautiful girl, with hair as dark as night and pretty bluebell eyes standing on her balcony. Not to mention she was in her underwear, I just had to come say hi." Moving off his baton he stepped closer to her again. "What do you think purrincess, can I save you from your tower, sweep you off your feet and carry you away into the night? I promise I'm really a fun guy." He said and waggled his brows at her.

A sardonic laugh came from Marinette before she could stop it. Chat Noir's eyes narrowed before he pulled his arms to cross his chest, baton still in his left hand, extended. "Sorry, sorry, I..." The girl shook her head in amusement, "Does that actually work on girls? I mean really, work?" Clutching her stomach, she doubled over laughing. The cat man villain shaking his head, his smirk unmoving.

"Honestly, I never tried before. This is the first time I have ever tried to talk to a civilian that didn't run away so," he shrugged and huffed out a laugh.

"Sorry kitty, but it seems I may already be taken. I think you will need to look elsewhere."

"Taken you mean, the purrincess has already found her prince?"

"Of course, Population Services ensures it right. We turn eighteen and enter the lottery. I received my match today. I'm no longer a free woman it seems."

"That sure is a shame. A beauty like you. That match of yours is a lucky guy. Do you know who he is?"

The question made Marinette tense before answering, "no, his information is "confidential," she used air quotes and rolled her eyes at the term, "I won't know who he is until the meet day. It's not like I would tell you anyway. I don't even know you, plus you're a supervillain with the power of destruction, how do I know you wouldn't kill him?"

"You don't," he winked at her before saying, "well, purrincess, seems it's time for me to be on my way. Stay out of trouble, black cat out!" Chat Noir waved as he flipped over the side of the balcony, immediately shooting up on his baton, and whooping as he jumped away into the night. "What was that about?" Marinette whispered as her Kwami floated back onto the balcony. Tikki, watching the black silhouette moving away against the moonlight.

"I'm not sure Marinette, but it's nothing good. You are going to need to stay vigilant."

Tikki stayed on the balcony for a bit longer after Marinette returned to her room, thinking. Maybe Marinette wasn't so wrong about her match being Chat Noir after all. Shaking her little head, she cleared the thought from her mind and chuckled out a "nah," as she made her way back through the sky light to Marinette's room for the night.