Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Son

Marinette followed Natalie down the hall toward the door Adrien had just entered, opening a door to the right. Stepping to the side Natalie allowed Marinette to enter the room. Inside was a large guest bedroom painted in her favorite pink hue. A full bed covered in the fluffiest comforter and matching throw pillows covered in white polka dots sat to the right. The nightstand situated beside the bed held a matching pink and white lamp and jewelry plate.

The wall across from the bed was made up of two ceiling high windows with sheer white and pink curtains, fairy lights streaming across the top, making them even more chic. To the left of the windows stood a folding bamboo screen, a large walk-in closet sitting behind it, and a chaise lounge lining the wall. On the right side of the room sat a small sewing table, with a folding board for cutting, a state-of-the-art sewing machine, and dress form mannequin. Not only did Marinette find a gold-colored sewing machine, but a wall mounted fabric bolt holder, containing multiple colors of silk, lace, cotton, and tulle.

The budding fashion designer squealed running over to the table mumbling excitedly to herself when she was interrupted from her thoughts by a voice behind her. "Ms. Marinette, I hope you will find everything to your liking. Adrien hoped this would help you feel more at home, another reason why we had a slight delay in the first meeting." Turning her head, Marinette looked back at Natalie, "please, just call me Marinette and thank you, the room is beautiful, I will tell him thank you too. Uh... but is this all for me, I mean can I use this," Marinette motioned wildly with her hands at the material and sewing station.

"Ms. Mar, I apologize, Marinette, yes Adrien requested one of his father's best Singer sewing machines. The drawers of the table contain all the pins, cushions, thread, yarn and other supplies you may need for projects. At any point you require additional materials just let me or Adrien know, and we will gather them from our Gabriel fabric room here in the mansion," Natalie explained. Still in awe of the items before her Marinette could only smile.

"Is there anything else I can get you Marinette or will that be all?"

"I am great, this is amazing, thank you again!"

"Very well, dinner is at seven, giving you two and a half hours to prepare. The ensuite is through the door to the right of the windows. If you find that you need anything, please text me using this tablet," Natalie explained as she lay a white iPad, wrapped in a light pink protector, a black emblem of the M, Marinette used to mark her designs, on the nightstand. "Also, in the closet to the left you will find multiple Gabriel designs. You are allowed to wear your own, but for certain events, Mr. Agreste requests you utilize his. There is a light blue dress noted for tonight's dinner, please wear that and arrive fifteen minutes early to the dining room. Mr. Agreste and Adrien will be awaiting your company." With that Natalie turned, exiting the room, the door shutting behind her. At the small click indicating she was now alone, Marinette felt like the world was no longer on her shoulders. At least for the moment.

_______________________________________

Natalie hadn't lied when she said there were Gabriel designs in the closet. There were rows and rows of designs from shirts to sweaters, jeans to slacks, and casual to formal dresses. "Wow Marinette, there are so many pretty clothes in here!" Tikki said flying into the closet behind her holder, then zipping through the closet that was the size of Marinette's attic room at home. "Yep, they are all Gabriel, and they are all my size. How do you think they got my measurements Tikki?" Marinette asked her kwami while fingering through the items. Shrugging her shoulders as she flew back to face Marinette Tikki said, "maybe it was part of the physical exam, or you know Gabriel is a fashion designer with years of experience. Maybe he can tell just by looking at your pictures." Nodding Marinette's anxiety diffused, grabbing the light blue, spaghetti strap, dress with the note for tonight's dinner and returned to her new bedroom.