Have Yourself a Mari Little Christmas

The Champs-Elysees was a sight to behold during the festive season. A winter wonderland created by displaying millions of twinkling lights, to bring thousands of Parisians and travelers alike, to enjoy the magical atmosphere of French Christmas tradition. The sound of carolers singing, chestnuts roasting, and mulled wine filled the streets of Paris as the group of four friends moved through the aisles lined with hundreds of stalls selling handmade gifts, crafts, jewelry, and food. The cobble stone roads were surrounded by even more small shops, decorated in red, white and green, along with twinkling, jovial lights. Each shop offering additional opportunities to find the perfect gift for Christmas exchanges or that special someone. Enjoying the lights, the food, and their friendship the crew of four laughed and played like small children as they spotted fun, interesting items to entertain themselves.

"Mari, look at this!" Adrien held up a small pink kitten with a little golden bell. The porcelain items eyes moved back and forth and left paw swatted forward as if it were beckoning to come closer.

"It's a maneki-neko, isn't it cute?"

"You know those originated in Japan, not China right Adrien? I'm half Chinese." Marinette laughed as her boyfriend frowned, before looking back at the little pink kitten.

"So, I learned about them in my Chinese lessons. Do you happen to know what the pink one stands for Milady?" Adrien wasn't giving up on this. It was a cat; an Asian cat and his girlfriend was Asian and he was a cat. It was a perfect representation of them, he was seeing this little idea through.

"Oh, do enlighten me, my sweet prince," Marinette and Alya giggled as both of the girls curtsied before the boy, a running joke between them at the nickname, Princess, Adrien had given Marinette months ago and she had begun to return the favor. Reaching for Marinette's chin, Adrien lifted her eyes to his as he grabbed her hand, placing her palm up and laying the small cat on it.

"Romance, it stands for romance."

"We are already together, Adrien. We don't need a statue of a cat to bring romance and love to our relationship," the bluenette shook her head, giggling again at her silly boyfriend and his love of cats. Closing her hand over the small kitten, Marinette placed it back on the table, thanking the woman who worked the stall, but apologizing for not making a purchase, before making her way further into the crowd. A short moment later, Marinette realized that Adrien wasn't beside her or their friends. She turned to look through the crowd to find him, as he popped up above the rest of the crowd. His tall stature allowing her to find him easily above the heads of others.

"Adrien, what are you doing?"

"Sorry got separated, Mari," the blonde bent at his waste to place a quick kiss to the top of her head.

"I'm here now though, let's catch up with Nino and Alya."

Adrien grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers. His other hand tightly clutching something small as he slipped it into his pocket for safe keeping.

________________________

"Oh my gosh, Mari look at this!" Alya screeched out as she came up on a double sized stall covered in red and black decorations. Jumping up and down slightly. Alya couldn't conceal her excitement at finding the Ladybug themed store, filled with ornaments, hats, scarfs, bags, and so many more accessories.

"Look at this one!" The brunette held up a cellphone charm with a small ladybug on the end. A matching cellphone cover for iPhone, Motorola, Google, and Samsung phones separated by brand set up in the same area. Nino snatched a Samsung 24 Ultra case, fully red with black spots covering it. A small Ladybug signature was placed at the bottom inside one of the black spots.