Just Keep Swimming

An hour later the gate buzzer was sounding, alerting the occupants of the Agreste Manor to visitors. Adrien pushed a button on his cell to open the gate camera, seeing two dark-skinned individuals, waiting outside. The female stood with a hand on her hip the other holding a phone sporting a ladybug charm. He cringed at the thought of Ladybug, Marinette had said she was the person behind the Ladyblog, but he quickly returned back to observing. The girl, he was sure was Alya had her reddish-brown hair tied in a high ponytail and was wearing a pair of light-wash jean shorts and orange halter bathing suit top. The male was carrying multiple pool bags, full of what looked like towels and other items Adrien couldn't quite make out. He knew this guy, according to what Marinette had said about her friends, was most likely Nino. The red hat covering his head, the glasses on his face, and headphones around his neck giving away his identity. Clicking another button on his phone, the gates started to open, allowing the waiting teens to enter.

_______________________________

Adrien exited his room to greet their guests as Natalie opened the front door. Alya and Nino stepped inside with looks of amazement on their faces as they took in the large open foyer. "Adrien will be with you shortly, please remain here until he arrives," Natalie instructed, turning away to return to her work.

"Alya? Nino?" The blonde called down from the top of the marble foyer stairs. "Yo, dude! You're Adrien, right?" Nino asked, sitting down the bags in his hands to properly introduce himself to his childhood friend's match. The two men shook hands awkwardly as Nino tried to pull away and bump fists. Chuckling, the boys apologized, "heh, sorry my dude. Forgot Nette said you were all proper and everything, you look like a cool dude though. Nice to meet ya." Adrien laughed again at Nino's uncouth words and accepted his apology with grace, "Nah, man. It's all good. Maybe you can teach me that handshake later." Holding out his fist for Nino to bump. The two guys seemingly calming the stiff atmosphere of first meetings.

"Well Adrien, dude, this is Alya, my match, girlfriend since college, and soon to be wifey," Nino winked at the girl as he introduced her. "Welcome to Chateau Agreste," Adrien smirked reaching for Alya's hand and laying a kiss to the back of it. Alya eyed him suspiciously as she pulled her hand from his. Nino stepped closer to his girl as he asked, "heh, dude, that was kind of weird. Do you do that to every new girl you meet?" Standing tall once more, Adrien shook his head, chuckling again. He had been doing that a lot lately he thought while rubbing the back of his neck. "No, not usually, but when my matches beautiful best friend comes to visit, I figure I should try to make a good impression. Guess being homeschooled my whole life didn't prepare me to do that correctly in normal life. Sorry," he apologized as his cheeks turned pink.

Nino stepped forward laying a hand on Adrien's shoulder. The blonde jumping slightly at the contact. "No worries, dude." Nino lifted his hand to replace it with his arm around Adrien's shoulder, "I'll show you the ropes. How about we head to that pool of yours and chill while we get to know each other." Nodding to Nino, Adrien started to turn and head outside when a throat clearing behind him stopped them in their tracks. "You know. It would be nice if someone would tell me where my girl is. I haven't seen her in forever!" Alya smirked at the two boys causing sheepish looks to find their features. "Sorry, Alya. Marinette is up in her room getting dressed. It's straight up the stairs first door to the left." Adrien motioned in the direction for Alya to take then turned back to Nino silently asking if he was ready to go. With a nod, Nino and Adrien made their way to the pool, while Alya marched up the stairs to the second story to interrogate her bestie.
___________________________________

"Knock, Knock," Alya called as she actually racked the door with her knuckles. A squeal could be heard behind the door as it flew open, a petite half-Asian beauty diving through it into the waiting girl's arms. "Alya" Ahhh!! I missed you so much!" The redhead laughed as she helped the bluenette stand on her own two feet. A little red blur slipping quickly and quietly to her face waving hello and then diving into her hair to welcome the little fox hiding there. "Girl, I missed you too! But damn Nette, look at this place! And this is your room?" Alya pushed past Marinette to enter. "This place is as big as your apartment. I know he's a model and his dad's a famous fashion designer but how much money does this dude have?" Alya asked rhetorically. Marinette giggled happily at her friend's antics. "I know it's super nice. The bed is super comfy, and the closet is huge, and there is an ensuite... Alya it's a bathroom attached to my room that I don't have to share with Maman and Papa!" Both girls grabbed each other's hands as they bounced up and down in their excitement.