Just Because It Sparkles, Doesn't Mean It's a Diamond for Your Finger...

Time had passed quickly since the wedding for Marinette and Adrien. Alya and Nino had gotten married in mid-August, returned from their honeymoon and settled in nicely to married life. The couples took as many opportunities as possible over the next two months to spend time together outside of Nino's DJ gigs and Alya's new journalist position at TVB. The two had been trying to start their careers and save money before their year was up for the baby lottery pregnancy deadline. Alya liked to joke that not everyone was as rich as Adrien, so they had to work. He knew it was all in jest and didn't take her serious. Plus, Alya was finally doing what she loved to do without needing to attend college, so she could have both the career and the baby.

September passed and the season turned to fall quickly leading to October 30th the day before the best friends were to attend an exclusive party at Club Chevalier in the middle of Paris. Halloween was something that Parisian's didn't really celebrate, but the American owned club always liked to include a theme when possible. Their ability to attend such a selective event was all thanks to Nino, who recently obtained a full-time gig at the club. His boss allowing him to bring along a few guests not on the three-month long waitlist. It was extra exciting, even if Adrien Agreste was going to be there too and could probably get VIP treatment anytime.

Waltzing her way into Marinette's room Alya flopped herself onto Marinette's, pink and white, polka dotted bed. "Girl... can I see the costumes yet please? It's killing me not knowing what you and Adrien are dressing up as," Alya said groaning as she turned her cheek to lay flat on the bed and look at her bestie.

"Nope. It's a surprise."

Marinette giggled at her friend attempting to roll her eyes as she lay on the bed. The angle of her face, hiding one of her eyes slightly, making roll looking more like she was crossing her eyes than rolling them.

"Mariiiii," Alya whined.

"Okay... I'll give you a hint and then you have to go. Adrien and I have a class today. You will see the costumes tomorrow."

Immediately Alya, sat up on the bed, bouncing in anticpation. The sight reminded Marinette of Manon when she was excited for ice cream or while waiting in line to right the Merry-Go-Round.

"Okay, here's the clues. His costume likes mittens, boxes, and yarn. Mine is more into cheese, crumbs, and small spaces."

Alya looked at her friend like she had lost her mind. "What the hell girl, I thought you would make it easy for me!" The brunette complained. Shrugging Marinette pulled Alya to stand and pushed her with one hand out of her room.

"Bye Alya, see you tomorrow at five to get ready!"

Without waiting for her to respond, Marinette slammed the door shut as she turned to look over the two waiting costumes hanging in her closet. She had worked for weeks on ideas, sketches, picking materials, and then actually creating the pieces. Alya wanting both couples to coordinate their looks between significant others.

______________________________

Her creativity had taken her on a whirlwind of a journey until Adrien just happened to casually use one of his Chat Noir puns one night while they were lying in bed together.

"I'm just kitten around, Mari. I just really want us to have a mice time, is all."

At his comment an idea immediately popped into Marinette's head. The girl jumped up from the bed, excusing herself as she ran from the room, leaving Adrien dumbfounded by what had just occurred. Before the blonde could even begin to sit up and attempt to follow, she had returned with multiple pencils and her sketch book. The pencil she held in her right hand was hurriedly scratching on the paper. It was a miracle that the clumsy girl hadn't tripped over her feet as she focused on what she was drawing.