Possessive Behaviors

Luka Coffaine, Marinette Dupain-Cheng's ex-boyfriend was the son of Jagged Stone, Adrien's favorite artist. Clicking and clicking on the photos of the guy had Adrien squirming uncomfortably in his desk chair. Not only was he the son of a famous musician, but he was also a musician himself. He was a guitarist and the lead singer of his own damn band! The guy could serenade any girl he wanted. Girls love rockers, they love guitars, and singers, and black hair with colored tips. How could he ever compete?

"Ugh, Plagg what am I going to do. Just when I start to feel something more than friendship for Marinette, we get invited to a party at her ex's." The black cat laying on Adrien's bed doesn't answer, so he continued, "I mean. The guy is hot. If I was into dudes, I could totally say he's got the stuff to make a girl swoon. Obviously, Mari has already liked him once before."

Plagg lifting his head from the pillow, leered at his chosen before saying, "kid, you are a super model. Any girl would love to have you. Heck, I know Marinette likes you. No way anyone would do any of that nasty human mating stuff you do, if there wasn't something there to like, right?"

Whining at his kwami's astuteness, but also the whispers of but what if, in his brain, he can't help but worry.

"Plus, kid," Plagg flies up to face Adrien, eye to eye. She is YOUR match. Isn't that like being mated to each other in a new world order kind of way?"

A laugh escapes Adrien as he expounds, "it's more like an arranged marriage, but I get what you are saying."

Adrien turned away from Plagg looking back at the pictures on his computer screen of the lead singer and guitarist of Kitty Section, thinking, maybe I am worrying about nothing. I mean him and Marinette obviously didn't work out for a reason. He could just hope that reason was still valid.

___________________________________________

Adrien walked across a makeshift bridge onto a brightly colored boat while holding Marinette's hand. A large group of teenagers, mostly his age it seemed, crowded around the bow where a sound system and multiple instruments sat. At the sight of so many people he had never met, Adrien squeezed Marinette's hand. Smiling up at him she squeezed back whispering that all would be fine and that everyone would love him. He wasn't so sure, but he at least hoped. He wanted to make a good impression for Marinette's sake at least.

"Ma...Ma...Marinette!" The guitar/singer who Adrien had stalked online the night before approached them, wrapping an arm around Marinette's shoulder and pulling her forward out of Adrien's grip. As Adrien began to protest, Luka looked at him and smirked before laying a kiss to the girl's crown and hugging her more tightly.

Releasing her, Luka stepped forward to Adrien with a held-out hand, "you must be the model, Adrien Agreste, right?" Adrien looked to Marinette then Luka's outstretched hand, before grasping it tightly as they shook.

"Yep, this is Adrien. I think we are going to go say high to everyone else. Talk later okay!" Marinette said placing her hand on top of the boy's joined ones, willing them to release. Nodding at the bluenette, Adrien weakened his hold on the rocker and stepped back. Marinette grabbed his hand quickly as she could and moved him toward the others.

"I'm sorry, Adrien."

"You have nothing to be sorry for Marinette"

Shaking her head she looked up at the blonde. "He's just a friend." Looking down at their intertwined fingers Marinette spoke softly, "at least to me." Raising her eyes back to Adrien's, she smiled before pulling her fingers away, but looping her pinky with his saying, "I promise."

The group of friends Marinette introduced to Adrien, were a smorgasbord of personalities. There were the athletes, Kim and Alix, who apparently were in a constant battle of the sexes. He wasn't totally sure if they were together or not, but he could totally understand if they were hooking up. The sexual tension between the two was palpable.