To Feel Loved

The next few weeks passed by quickly for Adrien and Marinette. The two coming together the morning after the reveal to agree that the relationship was still on. Marinette promising that him being Chat didn't change anything between them. Adrien asking her to keep his secret from her friends, family, and his father. He wanted to keep Marinette safe and his father finding out about his uncouth way of handling his jealousy would not go over well.

After the talk with Tikki and Plagg, Marinette knew that she had to provide Adrien with as much love and attention as she could. She knew she already loved him and that he was at least in 'like' with her, but she needed to ensure that he fell in love. That they were inseparable and completely smitten. It was the only way she knew she could be there fully for Adrien, protect her Ladybug self, and bring him to see her side of things when the time came.

_____________________________

Marinette had spent days creating items for Adrien as little tokens of her love. One day she gifted him a handmade lucky charm using only a red string, some beads, green modeling clay and white paint. She was giddy that he carried it with him wherever he went now. Always sticking the little trinket into his pocket before leaving his room.

The next gift she made for him was a black and lime green sweat band to hold back his growing locks while he trained. He had been working out a lot lately, she assumed to kill the time, but maybe she hoped it was his attempt at impressing her. Not that it would matter. He was already sexy as hell in and out of the black leather suit.

Then again, maybe he was just getting ready to look his best for his new best bros wedding. Nino and Adrien becoming the best of friends in such a short time. It reminded her of when she met Alya and how she stood up for her against Chloe. Alya was always there by her side even that first day before she had even introduced herself.

It was nice to see the four of them were able to be so close and Adrien could find someone he cared for and could befriend on his own. She knew it made him happy to finally have a real friend that he made on his own. Even if his at the time new girlfriend was the one that introduced them. So, she guessed that could have been one of her gifts on its own.

The third gift she had given him was after a long discussion about pastries. Adrien being the model that he was, had always been on a restricted diet. He had hardly tasted sweets over the last five years, since he started his career for his father's brand. After an hour of explaining how it was to grow up in a bakery and describing some of the delicacies her Maman and Papa would craft, Adrien was practically drooling.

So, here she was in the kitchen of the mansion pouring the almond flour into a bowl. Fresh, minced and mashed passionfruit in another. Along with the juice to create a perfect, real fruit flavor, as she made a batch of homemade macarons for him. Finding out that passionfruit was his favorite flavor had given her the idea to develop the recipe. Watching her papa over the years using fresh ingredients to make blueberry, strawberry, lavender, and other flavored macarons, Marinette followed the guidelines while substituting Adrien's preferred flavor. Hopefully he would enjoy them. Thankfully she had a little red and black, ladybug kwami who was addicted to sweet things to help her in taste testing, before handing them over to the intended.

Two and a half hours later Marinette had finished assembling the very last macaron. Only a few of the delicate wafers had cracked or feet not set appropriately. Those would be used for testing purposes. The others... after a magical approval by the kwami of creation and her own taste test, Marinette began boxing them up. Twelve beautifully formed, wonderful smelling, delicious cookie sat in a small cardboard box. The letters T&S written on the top as Marinette closed the lid, wrapping a lime green ribbon around each end and tying it in the middle to keep the box closed and the cookies safe.