VI

Lumipas ang mga araw and Irene were making sure that she spent most of her time haggang kasama niya pa si Aiah, because this is the one she'll miss the most. A bond they've always done when they are both free on schedule.

"Don't cut ties with me ha, let me still be your mom.. Visit me, please." Irene uttered, her tears were already forming and Lindtsey immediately hugged her mother.

"I won't, mom. And of course, you have been and will always be my mother.." Aiah assured her, she doesn't know if her mom is ready to let her go or it's just her coping mechanism.

"Are you going to really let me go?"

Oh Aiah.

That was the first time she asked about something she knows is the right thing to do, it was the first time that Irene heard Aiah asking her about herself this time.

It was the first time.

"If it were my way, hindi anak.. Hindi."

Irene even cried while uttering those words, she was more hurt after Aiah asked her because she always promised her that she'll be her protector, na hindi niya hahayaan na magkahiwalay sila and that she'll always be after her welfare.

"Mom.. If—if ever, I would need someone to talk to, would you still be available for me, kaya ko pa bang sumingit sa oras mo, are you still willing to listen to me?"

The soft baby that you are.

"Baby, of course.. You always have mommy's time kaya don't hesitate.."

"One more favor.. Please, love Beatrice as much as you love me. She never had a  childhood the same as mine so please let her experience that, love her mom.. She is a great woman, she's so much like you."

And with that, Irene even hugged Aiah more, she realized that this woman in front of her has a heart of gold.

She used to call her an angel and now, she acts as one.

They've shared a hug for quite a while and finally, they decided to bake some goodies for their snack.

Aiah went upstairs to get something as the door opened and revealed Greggy.

"Oh, you're here.. Pinapalamig lang namin yung cookies and—

"Irene.."

Irene looked at him and was surprised to see their daughter with Greggy. Hindi ito kumibo, hindi niya alam kung anong sasabihin o gagawin niya.

"Beatrice, she's Irene; your mother.."

Beatrice genuinely smiled at her, although it was really an awkward scenario.

"Mom, I haven't seen the—

Aiah wasn't able to finish her sentence when she saw Beatrice, the three looked at her and Aiah felt embarassed.

"I'm sorry, I—hindi ko alam.."

Beatrice glanced at Aiah, they exchanged smiles at each other. Nakatingin si Irene kay Aiah, her daughter was telling her to initiate a hug.

"C—Can I get a hug?" Irene asked, Beatrice smiled awkwardly pero agad din namang lumapit upang mayakap ng ina.

Though it was Aiah who insisted for Irene to do it, she still looked away because she felt pain in her chest when she saw that, but she's happy for them.

Greggy softly grabbed Aiah's hand at pinalapit ito sakanya, niyakap niya ang dalaga at hinalikan ang noo.

"Thank you for understanding, Aiah.. Please do remember that you'll always be our princess.."