XVIII

Lindtsey

We were in Taguig yesterday, mom and I had lunch sa restaurant ni tita Ana. I actually saw them doon but I didn't approach them na kasi malayo din naman yung pwesto namin sa way na pupuntahan nila. I didn't mind much about them, sa susunod nalang ako babati if we cross paths again.

Ngayon, I'm going to run errands again at Taguig. I have so much to do today so hindi ko dapat sayangin ang oras, umalis na agad ako ng bahay.

When I arrived, I went inside one of the boutiques where we used to buy pearls because they have a new collection. I really love pearls and somehow I want to invest in jewelry nowadays.

I spent hours, examining all of it and I was able to purchase two pairs of earrings and a necklace.

After that, papasok sana ako sa comfort room when someone held my arms in a gentle way.

Of course I was surprised and even more surprised to see someone I didn't expect.

"Aiah.." she uttered.

"Oh my god.. Anak," her tears were uncontrollably falling, my heart shattered when I saw her crying but I remained stiff as if I didn't care.

I didn't reciprocate any of her actions towards me.

"Si mommy 'to, anak.."

I know.

I just stared at her with dull eyes.

She continued to look at me, staring to be exact.

"Si mommy 'to anak, baby ko.. Nandito na si mommy, si daddy, andito na kami," sabi niya, she hugged me again at kunti nalang, malapit na akong bumigay but I didn't let that happen.

"Isa lang po yung mommy't daddy ko."

She caressed my cheeks and I know she was hurt when I said those words.

"I love you, mahal na mahal kita.." tugon niya sa'kin.

"Please go.."

"Are you trying to forget everything about me? Wag naman ganito anak,"

This is the first time I saw mom crying so hard in front of me, I never saw her this broken when I left the house because she chose to stay inside the room.

"Please, wag niyo na po akong guluhin."

Somehow, kusa nalang lumalabas yung mga katagang 'yan sa bibig ko, I don't even know kung saan galing yung courage para sabihin 'yun.

"Why are you doing this? Is this because I left you? Anak, yakapin mo naman si mommy oh.."

"Please go and leave me alone,"

"Aiah, kaya kong ibigay ang lahat-lahat sayo pero hindi yang hinihiling mo, lahat-lahat but not that. That will be the death of me, Aiah.. Pahingi ng yakap? Palimos ako ng yakap, anak." she begged, I softened.

Oh mommy, how I love you..

But this is the right thing to do.

I'm sorry if I have to hurt you like this.

"Sorry, I need to go."

That's the bravest thing I could do at the moment, I ran away from her. At nung nakalayo na ako, that's when my eyes started to water. I feel guilty sa kung paano ko trinato si mom, hindi ito yung Aiah na kilala niya.

But I need to be this, I chose to be this.

Irene

I wasn't able to help myself anymore kasi ang lapit lapit niya na saakin, she was in front of me earlier.