XVI

Lindtsey

Now I realized the quote time flies so fast, I just graduated.

I had a great time with mom for the past months that we're together, we shared so many stories and even hobbies.

It's been what, four years? almost five.

We've moved on.

not because we wanted to,

but because, we needed to.

Let's just put it this way, it was just a dream of life that was once opened and I was immersed in it.

If you're going to ask me about them, to be honest, I have no idea.

The only thing I know is that, they're in California.

I know they're okay.

She's okay.

Isn't she?

Kami lang yung hindi nag-uusap, I kept in touched with the other family members as they told me so.

I'm on my way to visit lolo, he reprimanded me to visit and I cannot disobey him, of course.

I brought his favorite fruits, pumasok ako sa bahay and one of their kasambay told me that they're in the dining room.

"Kanina ka pa po hinihintay, ma'am.."

"My Aiah! Congratulations on your graduation, my ranked one.." my grandfather said as if he didn't attended the event.

Oh is this a celebration?

Lolo handed me a bouquet of roses.

"Thank you, lolo.. I thought the celebration was over," I replied.

"No, not yet. The previous celebration, it was from your other family. Wala pa 'yung amin dito," sabi niya, ngumiti naman ako ng bahagya.

"Thank you, lola.."

Lola initiated a hug which I accepted right away, wala dito si tita Imee, perhaps she's busy.

We all gathered around the table and settled ourselves as we shared stories that would surely last for hours.

"Si Irene.. nagkausap kami kanina, uuwi daw sila pero hindi naman nagsabi kung kailan dadating." I heard lolo said, I was appalled, I thought they'll stay there for good?

It's been years since the last conversation I had with them, hindi na naulit 'yung interaction na 'yun kasi I haven't received any reply from her.

"Si Bea, kaka-graduate lang din diba?" Lola asked, tumango naman si lolo.

"Yes, she also got the top spot actually. Ang tatalino talaga ng mga apo 'ko," he commented.

"Are you and Bea still friends, Aiah?" Lola asked, it was kinda awkward though kasi hindi ko alam kung ano nga ba ang status namin.

"I actually don't know po, we didn't separate ways naman na masama yung loob namin sa isa't isa. I hope we still are,  Bea is a nice girl.." sabi ko, I wonder how is she now. I hope when we cross paths again, she's still Beatrice I used to know.

"Pupunta ka dito ha if they arrive," Lolo told me, I smiled awkwardly.

Hindi ako sumagot pa, I cannot promise. When tita Imee told me the reason why mom needed to cut ties with me, I understood.

Hindi ko mapapanindigan 'yun if I simply go unannounced. I know that mom never ever vanished me from her mind, kahit nga ata sa puso niya.

I can feel it. Nararamdaman ko yung pagmamahal niya even if she's far away and I know that it's hard for her to act as if she doesn't care, kilala ko siya. I live my life with her for years, we shared our secrets together and if there's someone who knows her well, isa na ako 'dun.