XXVI

Aiah meet her parents sa bahay nila, she changed first bago sila pumunta sa restaurant na pina-reserve ni Tricia.

There were a lot of things na binili nila para kay Aiah pero hindi niya na muna ito binuksan dahil nagmamadali sila.

It's a fine and intimate dinner with the family from both sides, though hindi gaanong close si Aiah sakanila, she's trying to cope up with the events and situation.

"Happy Birthday, Aiah. You're such a beautiful girl," sabi ng lola nito na mommy ni Tricia.

"Thank you po," she smiled.

It was fun, not seemed so much fun for Aiah but she appreciated it a lot. Their presence, time, and effort meant a lot for her and it was the one that made it more special.

Minutes after interacting with almost everyone, Aiah needed to recharge her social battery. She needs a me time for a while, kaya lumabas ito at lumanghap ng sariwang hangin.

It was a relief for Aiah nung natapos na ang celebration because finally she can rest, naubos na ang energy neto pero pinipilit paring ngumiti.

On the contrary the next day, it was Irene and Greggy's wedding anniversary.

Irene is having her quality time in their garden, alone time as she titled it, reading her book while sipping on her coffee, feeling the fresh morning breeze touching her skin. Parehong-pareho talaga sila ni Aiah, they're both a morning person.

"Good morning, beautiful.." A voice from behind suddenly appeared, Irene quickly glance eventhough she already knew who was it.

"Hi, handsome. Why'd you wake up early? I haven't made breakfast yet, I was having my own time here."

"Oh, did I disturb you? I'm sorry honey."

"No, come here.. Do you want some coffee or tea?"

Greggy kissed her forehead, it made her cheeks turn into red, he still really knows how to make her blush.

"Share nalang tayo, stay here nalang." Greggy replied, Irene agreed and let him sip on her coffee.

"It's not strong ha, light lang 'yan.."

"Why'd you suddenly have coffee? You always have tea naman every morning."

"Well, I just missed the taste kaya 'yan."

Greggy nodded, he looked at her lovingly, her features never changed.
Still beautiful as always, he thought.

She was reading her book again, they haven't greeted each other yet.

"Happy Anniversary.." pag-uuna ni Greggy that made Irene smile, she thought he forgot, she was just waiting for him to greet her before she did.

"I thought you forgot, hindi talaga kita papansinin. In fact, may utang ka pa sa'kin, but, Happy Anniversary, honey!"

Irene caressed his cheeks and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"How can I forget? This was the best day of my life, this was the day when I married the ever beautiful Irene Marcos now an Araneta." sabi ni Greggy, Irene slapped his chest gently, she leaned on his shoulder and hugged him.

"You're cheesy, thank you for always being there for me, honey." Irene said, she smiled sweetly at him.

"Always and forever after you, Beatrice, and Maraiah's welfare.." he replied, her heart was even more happy when she heard that he included Aiah.

"So are we, dad.." Irene replied softly.

"I just wish to spend this precious day with them, the two of them. Na tayong apat lang.." she added, Greggy caressed her back at paulit-ulit na hinalikan ang buhok neto.