XIX

Beatrice

Sunod-sunod yung lakad ko because I was invited into a series of events, may it be with my friends or relatives.

Yes, I went to attend my tito's birthday party celebration. Daddy Baste's brother, actually I'm so close to him, to their family.

I was hoping to see mommy Tricia and Aiah doon pero wala sila, dad was happy to see me. I received a lot of compliments and greetings from them, alam pala nila na I graduated valedictorian.

They treated me the same way, part pa rin daw ako ng family nila. I missed most of them actually, kaya I really had a very good time.

"Thanks for inviting me tito, I really had a good time with you all. I missed this,"

"Of course, Bey.. Come here nga, we missed you lil' girl." sagot ni tito.

Niyakap niya ako at hinalikan ang noo.

"How's your life naman with them?"

"Very well. Okay po, tito.."

"Glad to hear it, bey.. Nagkita na ba kayo ng mommy mo? she always ask me kung tumawag ka sa'kin.."

"Not yet. I thought nga andito siya,"

"She's busy with her work, bey. Alam mo naman ang mommy mo, mahal na mahal nun ang trabaho niya.."

We talked a lot of things, mostly sharing about what happened a few years ago.

The highlights of every year we missed.

"Thanks for helping me sort things out, Bey. That means a lot,"

"No problem, tito; I got you.."

Umuwi din agad ako the same day and now, I'm going to Rockwell to buy something and meet with my highschool friends. Nagsabay kami ni mommy papunta dito, because she'll meet with her other friends naman.

"Anak, update me.."

"I will, mom. Take care po,"

"You too, I love you.."

"I love you,"

We took opposite direction. Nag-coffee lang kami ng mga kaibigan ko then catch-up, after that, pumunta naman ako sa isang store to buy a perfume.

I was about to call mom pero may nakabangga sa'kin.

"Oh my gosh, miss. I'm sorry, hindi ko sinasadya.. Nagmamadali lang,"

It was Aiah.

"Aray! Lindtsey—"

"Beatrice.."

"Sorry, hindi ko sinasadya.."

"Watch your steps, hindi lang ikaw yung tao sa daan."

I don't know why I suddenly said that.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry again."

Papaalis na siya and I saw mom going on my direction, I wanted to know kung sino ang kakampihan niya sa'min. I know it's desperate, pero binangga ko si Aiah but making mom see na it's the other way around.

...

Natumba si Beatrice and even if Lindtsey was shocked, she instantly helped her.

"Don't touch me! Ano ba," sigaw ni Beatrice which alarmed Aiah, hindi niya naman napansin na paparating si Irene.

"Anong nangyayari dito?"

Aiah was surprised to hear Irene's voice, her eyes widened, alam niya kung anong nasa isip ni Irene.

"What did you do?" tanong ni Irene kay Aiah, hindi naman agad nakasagot ang dalaga.