XI

It's been months since the Aranetas' departure to another country, still no communication between them and Aiah.

Irene and Beatrice are having so much fun, nagkakasundo ang dalawa sa maraming bagay na ikinatuwa naman ng puso ni Irene.

"Mom, how about we bake later?"

"Sige ba, if that's what this princess wants then let's do it.."

They became sweet to each other, nung una it was awkward but they got the hang of it eventually.

"I will just slice some fruits for our snack, wait for me here.." bilin ni Irene, tumango naman agad si Beatrice at nagpatuloy na manuod.

Hindi nagtagal, Beatrice saw that Irene's phone was ringing and when she looked at the caller's name, surprisingly it was Aiah.

Aa My Maraiah
calling...

Beatrice are having second thoughts if she should answer it or not, if she'll tell it to Irene or not.

"Hello.."

'Hello, can I speak with Irene Araneta?'

"Lindtsey, it's Bea.. Mom is still in the kitchen, preparing something.."

'Bea, hi! Wow, how are you?'

"Fine, doing really well.."

'That's nice to know, will you please give the phone to mom if you don't mind..'

"Oh, mom is busy, she's in the kitchen.."

'Is that so? Matagal pa ba siya?'

"I think so,"

Bea heard Irene coming and without saying goodbye, she ended the call with Aiah and quickly deleted it in the history of phone calls.

"Are you okay? Bakit parang nakakita ka ng multo.." Irene asked, Bea felt guilty pero hindi niya na muna inisip ito.

She wants a quality time with her mother, that's all.

It's been months also since Bea opened a topic about Aiah, she too, is avoiding it.

"Have you seen my phone? I'll call your dad nga.." tanong ni Irene, agad namang binigay ni Bea ang telepono ng ina.

Sorry Aiah..

Bea leaned on her mother's chest and hugged her, Irene kissed her forehead and caress her hair while contacting her husband who was at work.

"I love it here in California, mommy.." sabi ni Bea, ngumiti si Irene sakanya.

"Glad you liked it here, anak.."

"Dito nalang po kaya tayo?"

"What do you mean? Dito mag-stay?"

"Yeah.. It's just, it's peaceful here.."

"Hindi naman pwedeng agad-agad anak, naka indefinite leave lang ako sa work ko sa Philippines, I need to fix it first.."

Ngumiti lang ng bahagya si Bea.

"Hindi mo namimiss ang Pilipinas?"