X

Beatrice

Naabutan kong nagluluto si mommy ng breakfast, I opened my phone and found out that it's mothers' day today.

Naalala niya kaya 'yun?

Pumasok ako sa kitchen and I offered to help her, she smiled and let me chop the ingredients for the macaroni soup she's currently cooking.

"Be careful ha, baka masugatan ka.."

Tumango lang ako at nagpatuloy, I was so focused until mom asked me random things about my life before.

I didn't hesitate to tell her almost everything kasi she has all the right to know it, she's my mom.

"You're funny, anak.. Hay naku," sabi niya, she pinched my nose and laughed.

"I know, I have a lot of embarassing moments growing up.."

I watched her move around the kitchen amd it is still so graceful, I really got attached to mom right away.

"Happy Mother's Day, mommy.." I said, she stopped at look at me.

"Oh is it? I almost forgot, thank you for reminding me and thank you, lovely."

Lumapit siya sakin at hinalikan ang magkabilang pisngi ko.

"Let's prepare this on the table na before your father arrive," she told me, I instantly move to put the food on the table, may pinuntahan pa kasi si daddy kaya hinihintay din namin siya.

"Happy Mother's Day, Honey!"

A manly voice greeted mom, dad was holding a cake and a his gift.

"Thank you, hon.."

Dad kissed mommy's cheeks as they  shared a hug, it was sweet. They even told me to join them and I did, so this is how it feel when there is someone who truly cares for you.

I took the box from dad and prepared the cake, we made mom blow the candle as we shared our breakfast with love and laughter together with random stories.

"Bea, do you know how to play a piano?"

"Hindi po, I'm not really into instruments.." sagot ko.

"Do you want me to teach you?"

"Sure, I would love too.."

Mom guided the way to where the piano was, when we reached the spot, she suddenly stopped as if she remembered something.

It was huge at ang ganda.

Pinaupo ako ni mommy sa tabi niya, she told me to watch first and familiarize the keys of the piano.

She played it like an expert, I wonder if Aiah knows how to play piano.

"You're an expert with this," I commented, she just giggles and smile.

"Oh, hindi naman.."

"Does Aiah know how to play piano?" I asked, trying to see if she still care for her kasi I usually observe that they're trying to avoid topic about Aiah for the past weeks that we've been here.

Hindi agad nakasagot saakin si mommy, I think she's shocked with what I ask.

"Yeah.. She even perform very well than I do, she's a pro when it comes to piano.."

I was trying to feel other emotions than just monotone and thankfully, she looked at me and there, I saw that the love remains.

___

It was mother's day, and Aiah as the sweet and thoughtful girl that she is, prepared something for her mother.

Hinanda neto ang lamesa na nasa garden nila, she wake up early for this and was really busy since yesterday. She wants to make this extra special because aside from the celebration, it's their first time to be with each other celebrating this remarkable event.