VIII

Irene had no choice but to agree with her husband, pupunta sila sa California to fix  the problem of their company and also, to start over.

"Are your things ready? Wala kana bang nakalimutan?" tanong ni Greggy kay Bea.

"Yeah. Okay na po,"

"Okay, I'll just check on your mom."

Tumango si Beatrice at nagtungo si Greggy sa kwarto nila, Irene wasn't there and with that, she already knows where Irene is.

"Irene, let's go.."

Greggy saw Irene sitting on Aiah's bed, hawak-hawak nito ang picture frame nung bata pa si Aiah.

"I miss her so bad, Greggy. Miss na miss ko na ang baby ko and now, aalis tayo ng hindi man lang magpapaalam sakanya."

Irene is crying already, her love for Aiah is indeed eternal. Hindi masusukat ng kung anong materyal na bagay ang pagmamahal na meron si Irene kay Aiah.

"This is the right thing to do, Irene.."

Greggy was able to calm Irene down, kaya naman, after Irene had a moment to say goodbye to the memories she wished to forget, they directly went downstairs.

The car is ready and they are all set, Irene doesn't want to leave, if she has any other choice, she would choose to stay at the place where there's a higher chance that she'll be able to be with Lindtsey again.

On the contrary, Aiah wondered why Bea isn't at school yet so she asked one of her classmates who is also Bea's friend.

"Why is Bea absent? Did she tell you anything about this?" tanong niya, the girl seems to act shocked.

"Oh aren't you aware? Hindi na siya dito mag-aaral, aalis na sila ngayon papuntang states.."

And yes, she wasn't aware.

Aiah doesn't know anything about this, she instantly grabbed her things and went out of the classroom.

If Bea is going to enroll there, it simply means that Irene and Greggy will also stay there for good.

Aiah was only being fetched by one of their drivers kaya wala itong sasakyan na naka stand by lang, she doesn't have any choice kundi mag-commute.

Hindi niya alam kung paano ang mag-commute because she was not allowed to do it before, nawala ang takot niya because she's desperate to at least say a proper goodbye to them especially to Irene who she hasn't spoken with.

"Para po,"

Aiah was already scared at the same time nervous, she was carrying her bag while still in her uniform. She was running as if running for her life and when she was about to reach the entrance gate of Forbes Park, she saw their used to be family car going out of the premises.

"No.. Mommy,"

Aiah continued to run kahit mabigat ang dala-dala neto, she was also shouting mommy and daddy while running and the rain is starting to pour.

Inversely, Irene was just quiet inside the car, iniisip neto ang anak na iiwan nila dito sa Pilipinas.

Beatrice was also on her headphones.

"Aren't we going to say goodbye to Aiah first? For sure, hindi niya alam 'to.." Bea suddenly asked, Irene glanced at Greggy.

"As much as we want to, we don't have enough time to do it.." Greggy replied, Bea felt bad for Aiah with what she heard.

Hindi na muling nagsalita si Bea, tumahimik din ito gaya ng pagtahimik ni Irene.

"Mommy!"

"Aiah?"

Irene surprisingly said, na para bang narinig niya ang boses ni Lindtsey.

"Irene, are you okay?"

"I thought I heard Aiah's voice.." sagot ni Irene, something is bothering her na para bang ramdam niyang malapit sakanya si Aiah.

On the other hand, Aiah stopped running when she realize na hindi niya na kayang habulin ang kotse.

Inspite what just happened and what just she have done, she still manage to make herself understand that perhaps it's for the better.

Her only frustration was, hindi manlang siya sinabihang aalis na sila, none of them message her, even Bea.

Aiah stayed on the side of the road soaking with water, as if still hoping na babalik sila until it sink in her mind na wala na, it was the last. After that, she decided to contact her driver to fetch her from the location she's in at the moment.

"Aiah, where have you been?" Sebastian asked her as soon as she stepped inside the house, Patricia stood up to help her daughter to wipe her body.

"You are soaking wet, anak.."

"Sorry.. I, I went to Forbes to say goodbye to them because I heard they'll live in the states for good. Hindi ko sila naabutan,"

Aiah confessed with no other emotions.

"Sorry to hear that, darling.."

"You are hurting, anak.. Hindi ka ba nila sinabihan?" Sebastian asked his daughter, Aiah shooked her head confiding that she wasn't aware.

"Aiah, for the meantime, I want you to avoid them. Don't text nor call, or block them. I don't want to see you getting hurt, Aiah it was their choice this time, anak.." Sebastian uttered, he leveled his face on Aiah's who was sitting on the couch.

"Do you understand daddy?" tanong ni Sebastian, she was hesitant however, she nodded as if she agrees.

"Thank you, anak.."

"Let's go, I'll help you get change.." Patricia offered, both of them went upstairs so Aiah could change her clothes and at the same time rest.

It was just quick, Patricia decided to leave her alone for now, alam niyang nasasaktan parin ang anak sa nangyari.

Is a simple goodbye so hard to do?

Would a short message would take so much time?

Why didn't they tell me?

Those are some of the questions that Aiah wants to seek answers to. Hindi niya lubos akalain na hindi siya kahit sabihan man lang even just Beatrice, they were together yesterday at school, they even shared a lot of stories together.

Was it too much to ask?

However, in the back of her mind, anong karapatan niyang magtampo? Bakit nga ba siya sasabihan? It's not as if she's still their daughter.

A knock on her door interrupted her thoughts.

"Hey.. I brought you some milk to help you sleep, are you still thinking about what happened?" Patricia asked, umupo ito sa kama katabi ng anak.

"Thank you po, kind of.."

"I don't know why they didn't tell you but for sure they won't do it without any reason why.. I know that Irene genuinely loves you, hindi niya hahayaang masaktan ka ng ganito." Tricia held her hand softly.

"I just don't understand.." Aiah whispered, she tried to stop her tears but eventually it showed up.

"I know, anak. Your feelings and emotions are valid, naiintindihan ko. But, don't close any doors 'kay? Hear them out when the right time comes.."

"Thank you.."

"Take a rest, it's a new day tomorrow. If you need anything, our room is just beside yours.."

"Thank you, mom.."

Tricia's heart screamed joy when she heard that word from Aiah, ang tagal niyang inantay na marinig 'yun sa sarili niyang anak.

"Can I hug you?"

Aiah smiled confiding that she allows.

"Thank you, Aiah. You don't know how much it made me happy," Tricia exclaimed, she kissed Aiah's forehead and hugged her more tight.

They shared little stories of the past until it was time for them to take a sleep, Tricia said her goodnight to Aiah as Aiah also did the same.

____
Vote and Comment