XXV

They were all in the living room and Ferdinand requested Aiah to play the piano, it made them all excited especially Irene who hadn't heard her play for a long time now.

Lindtsey started playing the piano and it was indeed music in their ears, they looked at her lovingly. She played it so well like a pro, hindi nga nagkamali si Irene.

"So nice, dear.." Imelda complimented.

"Thank you, bubi.." sabi ni Aiah, she flew a kiss to her as also a response.

"Ang galing talaga!" Imee added, Aiah looked at her na para bang hindi naniniwala sa sinasabi ng tita niya in a sarcastic way, of course.

"You're such a talented girl, my Aiah!" sabi naman ni Ferdinand, masayang-masaya na ito kapag nakakasama ang apo niya at tumutogtog para sakanila.

"Are you really twenty-two? You were still a baby yesterday!" Imelda uttered, acting as if she wants to cry.

"Hay nako, mom. Siguro nga marami ng nakapila, naghihintay nalang sa go signal. Dad, wag mo na munang ibibigay hanggang 40.." Imee teasingly said, sinusubukang asarin ang pamangkin.

"Ay talaga. No boyfriend 'til you reach 40 years old, same with Beatrice." Ferdinand commented, tinaas na nga talaga ang bakod.

"Hay, lilo. It's not in my mind,"

"Same with me!" said Bea.

"Just make sure, dadaan muna sa'kin.." Ferdinand added, he squinted his eyes to his granddaughters confiding na hindi sila makakalusot.

"I'm true to my words.." sabi ni Aiah.

Not long after, Aiah received a call from Tricia who informed her that they're already in the country already at papunta na sa bahay nila. Tricia told her that they will eat outside today as a form of celebrating her birthday. Ipinaliwanag naman agad ni Aiah sa pamilya niya ang sinabi ni Tricia sakanya, though they still want to prolong Lindtsey's stay, they cannot do something about it.

It's her real parents.

"Babawi po ako, I promise.." sabi ni Aiah, she knows that they don't fully agree about this and they're just making her feel easy para hindi siya mahirapan.

"It's okay dear, we understand 'kay.. Don't worry about it." Imelda said as an appeasement on Aiah's mind.

"I just feel like this should be our time and here I am leaving early because I need to meet my other family," sabi naman ni Aiah, she's hesitant to go because personally, she wants to stay pero ayaw niya din naman tanggihan sila Tricia especially na kakabalik pa lang nito.

"You don't need to worry about anything, my Maraiah. There's still another time to do this once again, I'll call you later nalang okay.." Ferdinand said, trying to comfort his granddaughter. He opened his arms to invite her for a hug.

"I love you, lilo. Thank you,"

Ferdinand kissed his granddaughter's forehead.

"You know that I'll do anything for you,"

"I know. I'd do the same lilo,"

"Sige na, you go na. Baka ma-late ka,"

Aiah nodded, she bid her goodbye to Imelda, Imee, Irene, and Beatrice.

"Take care, update me." Imee told her, tumango si Aiah at hinalikan ang pisngi nito.

"I'll see you again, I love you. Take care," Irene said as she hugged Aiah, hinalikan niya din ang noo nito.

After that, agad na umalis si Aiah para bumalik sa bahay nila.

"Papunta naba si dad, mom?" tanong ni Bea kay Irene.