XXIII

Irene and Aiah went to Taguig, they decided to eat first before anything else. As Aiah requested, they'll have their lunch at Ana's restaurant, her all-time favorite.

"Aiah, happy birthday darling!" Ana greeted as soon as she saw Aiah in her restaurant, pero hindi pa neto nakikita si Irene.

"Thank you po, tita.."

Ana kissed her cheeks, "Who's with you?"  tanong niya.

Tahimik lang si Aiah at lumingon, Ana on the other hand was surprised to see Irene.

"Wait, tama ba ang nakikita ko?"

She can't believe that they're actually together again, she wasn't even able to stop her tears.

"Tita, why are you crying?"

It made Ana's heart happy, she knows Irene and Aiah so much.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy to see both of you here together. I mean—it's been a while since the last time and now you guys are here and it's your birthday.." Ana uttered softly, she wiped her tears and Aiah immediately hugged her.

Irene smiled, hindi niya rin mapigilan ang sarili na maiyak ulit dahil sa reaksyon ni Ana.

"Come here, sa private room na kayo. Make this a time of your own, make up for the five years of being away with each other.." sabi ni Ana, natawa naman ang dalawa.

"Thank you, tita.."

"Thanks, Ana.."

They ordered their favorites, they even sang a birthday song for Aiah together with the staff in the resto.

"Make a wish, baby girl.."

Aiah smiled, she closed her eyes and blew the candle afterwards.

"Hooray, happy 22nd Aiah!"

"Thank you po.."

Irene stood up to kiss Aiah's forehead, when the others left, Irene took a small box from her bag and handed it to Aiah.

"Happy Birthday, my Love.."

Aiah didn't expect anything from her, how'd she even buy this? E magkasama lang sila.

"Where did you buy this, mom? Magkasama lang naman tayo the whole time ah.." tanong ni Aiah, Irene laughed with her reaction.

"I bought it four years ago, nung nasa California kami also during your birthday. It's in my bag kasi I'm always hopeful na makikita kita and I'll have the chance to give it to you.."

"Aw. Thank you, mom.."

Tumayo si Aiah upang yakapin si Irene, hindi nga siya nakalimutan nito. She opened the box and revealed a rose gold bracelet bangle with diamonds around and her name engraved on it.

"Wow, this is so beautiful, mom.."

"Of course, it is as beautiful as you.."

Aiah pouted.

"Akin na, ako na ang magsusuot sayo."

Ibinigay ni Aiah ang bracelet at isinuot agad yun ni Irene sakanya, she even planted a soft kiss on it.

"It suits you well, tama nga ako.."

"I couldn't thank you enough, mommy. Thank you for still thinking about me,"

"This is just the beginning, wag kana munang mag-thank you anak.." sabi ni Irene.

"No, this is enough na. Actually, this is too much na nga."

"Still not enough for me, anak. Let me do this please? Hindi ko 'to nagawa for five years, hayaan mo na ako.." Irene said softly as she held Aiah's hand, she knows that Aiah doesn't want to receive a lot of things lalo na kung sobrang mahal ito.