XIV

It's been two years, they lived their lives in peace, happiness, and fulfillment.

Irene and Bea shared a bond that nobody else can break. Hindi na muling tumawag at nangumusta si Irene kay Aiah, and Aiah did the same.

Ipinaliwanag ni Imee kay Lindtsey ang nangyari and as usual, she understands.

Although there are circumstances that Irene remembers Aiah pero agad niya itong binabalewala sa utak niya.

Two years without any news about her.

___

Irene

It was such a nice day, we ate out and spent the rest of the day outside.

Beatrice is a fun kid, kahit ano nalang ang ginagawang kalokohan sa amin ng daddy niya. Earlier, she gave me flowers without any reason.

"Bey.. are you here?" tanong ko ng pumasok ako sa kwarto niya.

"In the bathroom, mom! Wait a moment."

I think she's doing her night routine. She's so good in taking good care of herself, minsan na nga lang din kami nakakapag-bonding kasi she has been so busy with her studies these past few months.

She will graduate a few years from now.

Baka sa susunod, may pumunta na dito sa bahay at manligaw.

Naku naman, hindi papayag ang daddy.

"What can I do for you?" tanong niya, she's already in her pj's at ready ng matulog.

"Wala naman, ready to sleep? Come, tatabihan muna kita until you fall asleep.." sabi ko, ngumiti naman siya at sumunod saakin.

We settled ourselves in her bed, nakayakap siya saakin while I caress her  hair, massaging her scalp softly. This is how I can make her sleep quickly, for sure, pagod 'to.

"Thank you for today, mom.."

I smiled, "Thank you also for making us happy with your silly jokes, I love you our princess.." I pinched her nose and kiss her forehead.

"I love you, mom.."

After that, I know she'll fall asleep right away. At hindi nga ako nagkamali, nakatulog agad.

Dahan-dahan akong bumangon para lumipat sa kwarto namin, I kissed her forehead before I left her room.

___

Lindtsey

It has been forever! I got so busy lately at hindi narin ako nakakapagpahinga ng maayos, siguro kunting pagpupuyat pa, mamatay na ako.

Kidding aside, my life lately is a roller coaster ride.

Just last week I spent it with the Marcoses because it was lolo Ferdi's 75th birthday. I'm really grateful that they've always treated me the same, hindi nagbago yung tingin nila saakin though I know where I should stand.

Pero lolo told me, "My Lindtsey, you will always be my apo, kadugo man o hindi, you'll always be a family in our eyes. You'll forever be a princess in my eyes."

Tita Imee told me everything, she made me understand why mom needed to distance herself from me and I understand, Beatrice has a point and I have no rights to disagree.

Even me, kapag sinabi 'yun ni Beatrice sa'kin I too, will distance myself from her mother.

Kakabalik ko palang dito sa bahay and guess what, dad and I, we're okay.