76. THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF WINNETKA

[ a/n —— this isn't really a tw moment but more of a heads up that one of my black characters says 'negro' in this chapter, and that i'm black ( born in africa, raised in the uk) so

[ a/n —— this isn't really a tw moment but more of a heads up that one of my black characters says 'negro' in this chapter, and that i'm black ( born in africa, raised in the uk) so....yeah. i know this is fucking weird thing to specifically say but i don't think i've ever specified that i'm not white on here before 😭  anyway...enjoy ]

𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗘 how far gone you are till you've completely disappeared. Some might say that one could possibly measure the possiblity of rapid decline on a very scaled metric. With the lowest scale being fluxating moods that were beyond explanation and the highest being an inflated need to escape so far down the void that reality didn't come into existence anymore.

She didn't know what she felt anymore. She had barely felt anything the next day after snapping her eyes open and realising that it was midday, and the sun hadn't fallen out of the sky and exploded against the atmosphere with its pulsating rays of doom.

The house was quaintly quiet, and Blue, as well as Anais, but more so Blue, had decided to keep their distance from her since her slurred obscenity tirade about how blatantly shitty things had gotten recently.

Coral was....somewhere, combatting the harsh realities of her constant coughing spurts that were leaving trails of scarlet spotted tissue wads along the floor and kitchen. Downing liquidated bubbly like she always did, because in her eyes, traditional methods were better than traditions healthcare if it meant not blowing a hard budget on something that would take ages to fix.

Odessa and Knox were still retaliating against a bored social worker and her incessant need to prove that they were unfit parents due to their past drug addictions and an unlisted address.

And the Gallagher's were pretty much still in disarray after  Fiona's arrest over possession and child neglect and Liam's subsequent hospitalisation. Spencer had called Lip briefly at some point to ask how Liam was holding up, and in as many words as he could say, he'd updated her with the good news first and foremost. Liam had opened his eyes. The bad news however, was that he still needed 24/7 supervision from nurses, had his drip, and would slip in and out of high fevers on occasion.