Twenty

LIAM SMITH

We just made our way back from the shelter, and are walking into our apartment

We just made our way back from the shelter, and are walking into our apartment. Alessia didn't say it but she'd rather keep that dog than give it away. If I were less selfish, I'd offer to let it stay with us just to see that exquisite smile on her face. But I just got the light of my life for myself and I don't intend to share her with anyone. I want her attention on me.

After I ran down the stairs, considering the elevator a waste of time, I felt dread fill my body. When I saw that fucker pushing my love to the ground... I'm not even sure how to describe the emotions I felt. Like my body couldn't contain the amount of fury that started burning inside of me. That a newfound energy demanded to be freed from me and my twisted brain decided the best way would be to punch that scums skull in.

I always have a steel grip on my emotions, total control over myself. No expression or action of mine has ever been unintentional. But when it comes to my beautiful Alessia... Everything changes. Every single thing I do, when it comes to that ethereal woman, is uncontrolled, impulsive, based on instinct. She causes me to act like a mad man, an animal, a beast.

"I'll make us something to eat." I say.

"I'll help you." Alessia offers.
After a moment she stills and looks at me. "Or maybe I shouldn't." She nibbles on her plump lip. "You know what, I'll ready the table."

"Okay." I chuckle, admiring her beauty.

How can she be this gorgeous? Not a single part of her isn't perfect. Her face, her body, her soul, it's all beautiful. She's beautiful. And all mine.

When I saw her today fighting for what she believed was right, that being the well-being of an animal which wasn't even hers. She just happened to see it be mistreated on the street. She probably did not hesitate to stand up for it. A mere dog, and my Alessia did not think twice about helping it.

The woman had determination written all over her stunning face while shouting at her enemy, looking like what I guess artists had in mind while depicting Athena. Although Alessia fought for justice, so I guess Themis is more appropriate. My sweet, sweet warrior. A soul so good, with a heart so pure. My precious.

Once the table's set and the food is ready, we sit down and I start by filling up Alessia's plate. A tasty aroma filling the room.

"I'm sorry for not thinking and leaving my phone in the car. Me not picking up must've scared you, especially after recent events." The woman starts. "God, I'm going to drive you insane soon." She mutters, pushing food around her plate.

You already have.

"It's okay. None of these situations were your fault." I reply, looking into her brown eyes. "Is everything alright?" The sadness in them worrying me.

"I just don't understand how can anyone be so cruel and harm something so innocent? Have you seen Lessie? He's so pure and that awful man didn't think twice about hurting him."

"Is that what you called it? Lessie?"

"Yeah. Like Liam and Alessia." The woman says, her cheeks turning a pretty pink.
Wouldn't that make it Lessia? "I know what you're thinking. He's a boy, so it's Lessie." She points out, an adorable frown on her face.

"Of course. That makes sense." I lie.

Satisfaction blooms in my chest. Naming the dog after us? That means that the idea of us is something important for her. It better be. I can't escape the idea of us together. Not that I want to. It's grown into something that has instilled itself so much in my sick mind that I live by it, breathe thanks to it.

But us being something my love deems important? That just fuels me more. I can't wait for her to be as deep in this addiction as I am. For her to be so dependent on me that she can't function without me. Fortunately her heart's already starting to sing to the same lovely song as my deranged one is.

Everything's going as it's supposed to be. We're moving forward in our relationship. Swiftly at that. As Nietzsche said "the lonely one offers his hand too quickly to whomever he encounters". My darling Alessia had lived a lonely life. Up until now. God knows I saved us both from a misery without each other.

Unfortunately I don't think I'd be sated even if she'd be tied, handcuffed, or even chained to me. So I constantly try to remind myself that this is just the beginning.

Once we've eaten and Alessia cleaned the table while I washed the few dishes, she decided to place her new clothes in the walk-in wardrobe. I know she's trying to keep herself busy to avoid thinking about Lessie. Unfortunately nothing will change my mind about wanting her all to myself.
My phone ringing pulls me away from my thoughts and I answer.

"Yes?"

"I have the address." Hunter's deep voice greets me. I texted him earlier about needing him to find someone for me.

"I'll be there shortly." I say, ending the call and head to my one and only. "Ale, I have an urgent matter at work. I have to drop by my office for a moment. Will you be okay for an hour or two, love?"
I find her sitting on the floor, beside an open drawer and a big pile of clothes.

"Do you want me to go with you?" She asks, looking up at me.

"It's fine. You'd probably get bored." I say, smiling while I kneel down to her and tuck a strand of her soft hair behind her ear. "Do you need anything before I leave?"

"Nope." She says, making her way in between my legs. The woman places a sweet kiss on my lips.

I grab her face and pull her in when she goes to back away, then I kiss her deeply, demanding entrance to her delicious mouth with my tongue. Our passionate kiss is broken when the stunning woman pulls back for air.

"Don't leave me for too long." My Alessia says, chocolate eyes gazing up at me longingly from under long lashes.

"Never."

The only thing keeping me away from killing the idiotic man, who dared touch what's mine, was the crowd surrounding us. Nothing's stopping me under the cover of the evening sky's darkness, and privacy of his loneliness.

 Nothing's stopping me under the cover of the evening sky's darkness, and privacy of his loneliness

——————————————————————————

*author's note*

Thank you for 27k!!<3