Forty

ALESSIA AMATO

I smile at another post of an influencer trying to redeem the reputation of Andre's building, the caption stating that they had a lot of fun

I smile at another post of an influencer trying to redeem the reputation of Andre's building, the caption stating that they had a lot of fun. Almost everybody has teamed up, posting awesome photos of themselves, or with partners and friends, partying at the event.

After everybody vacated the building because of the gunshot, Andre had faced bad comments about his security and it had a negative impact on his work. The guests however did a great job trying to win the people back in his favour, their numerous audience very helpful.

I posted a picture of me and Liam smiling towards the camera, the man's hand resting on my waist, us practically joined at the hip. We look very elegant and sexy, our moods not ruined as the photo was taken before that awful moment.

Liam always looks so put together and perfect. So attractive. A realisation pulls me away from fantasising; there are moments when he doesn't look that way. I mean not put together, because he does always look attractive.

When the unholy man left for work after he brought me to heaven and back, he dressed back into the clothes which he threw to the floor. His shirt was crumpled, hair tousled. I wonder if he noticed.

I sigh when another text message from my mother appears on the screen. She's been texting a lot more than usual today and her tone in the texts seems more aggressive than usual.

I have to admit that even after what they've put me through, I miss my parents. I don't forgive and forget what they were willing to do but they're my parents, they've raised me and cared for me, and were a huge part of my life, so how can I not love them?

My father is a very family oriented person which means he's naturally a caring and providing person. Whereas my mother is cold and strict but she deeply feels for the closest ones to her. That woman surprised me not once with her protective side.

I do want to reply to my mother but when I have a script ready for how to explain myself and am about to do so, fear strangles me and I chicken out. Memories of when I got into trouble swarm my mind and I just want to spare myself their wrath. It's like having a raging fire trying to burn you on one side and bitter cold ready to freeze your body on the other. Shivers run down my body.

One more message appears and I freeze when I catch two words from the corner of my eye. Quickly pressing on the notification before it disappears, my wide eyes can't believe what they're reading.

Mama: What are you doing with Liam Smith?

Why would she ask me that? I know she knows him because of his work and all that good stuff but why is she asking? The woman was never interested in me meeting with other influencers so why is he different? Maybe because of us making it official? Yeah, that probably surprised her. I breathe out when I settle on that reason.