Twenty Nine

LIAM SMITH

We get inside the apartment and I guide my Alessia to the kitchen with my palm on the small of her back

We get inside the apartment and I guide my Alessia to the kitchen with my palm on the small of her back. I show her to a barstool beside the island and grab a pack of ice. Making my way to her, I carefully grab her small hand and lay it on the counter, placing the ice on her red wrist.

When I saw that scum holding onto her, pushing her up the wall, I saw fucking red. There were no thoughts in my head besides two, that were telling me to get him the fuck away from her and to end his pitiful life one torturous way or another.

I still remember the feeling of adrenaline pumping through my body because of the fury that was burning inside of me. I could barely breathe. Someone was holding onto my Alessia. Touching her, spouting fucking nonsense. Disrespecting her.

I was probably going to kill him, right there and then, on the sidewalk, next to one of the most famous restaurants in the city.

"You shouldn't have done that." Alessia mumbles, her beautiful face concerned while looking at my hand. "What if there were cameras?"

"Even if I were to think about that, it would have been the least of my worries." I say, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"He can press charges."

"You can too."

"Liam, I don't want you to end up in jail." She says, her dark brows furrowed, while staring into my eyes with a serious look.
My hand travels to the side of her neck.

How can she be this beautiful? Dark brows, chocolate eyes, pink lips and soft, brown hair. Tanned skin, high cheekbones and a beauty spot above the corner of her perfect lips.
No wonder she keeps getting into trouble; nobody can keep themselves away from her.

That's why our paths crossed, my darling Alessia. I'm here to protect you. We are meant for each other. And it's my duty to keep it this way; us together forever.

"I won't."

"How can you be so sure? I wonder if someone called an ambulance." The woman adds before I get the chance to reply to her question, a thousand thoughts in her pretty head.

Unfortunately, those thoughts are heading in the wrong direction. I move my injured hand away from her wrist, purposefully scraping my knuckles against the edge of the counter, and pretend to wince.

"Let me take care of your knuckles." Alessia says, standing up.
She grabs onto my wrist and brings it towards her to inspect it.

Yes, take care of me and stop thinking about that fucker.

"Sit down. I'll bring the stuff." I say, placing a kiss on her head.

I quickly grab the disinfectant, cotton balls and some bandages, so my love doesn't have the time to start worrying about someone other than me. Once I'm back, I place it on the counter beside her and take a seat on the barstool, facing her.

She applies some of the alcohol on a cotton ball and starts dabbing my cuts. I furrow my brows when her chocolate eyes glance at me.

"Sorry."

"A kiss will make it better." I suggest, causing a smile to creep on her stunning face.
Alessia leans in and our lips meet for a sweet, lingering kiss.

I take a look at her wrist. It's red and will most likely be bruised tomorrow. Rage swirls within me once again. I could've just killed him. Although, maybe it's for the better, I could just ruin his life and make him suffer for the rest of his miserable days.

He obviously knew that Alessia's mine but he still tricked her into a date and tried to force her into the silly shit his stupid mind came up with.

I knew that Alessia's leaving the apartment and I saw where she's heading to, but before I had the chance to check Golden Taste's cameras to see who she was meeting with, she was already calling me.
If only I'd acted quicker then she wouldn't have been hurt.

"I don't want to seem controlling, but do you think you could inform me of where to and with who you're going to meet with from now on? Just so I could be prepared for any situation." I ask when the woman's working on bandaging my hand.

"Yes," She answers, focused on the task at hand. "But I don't think I'm in the mood for any going out in the near future."

"Could you maybe do an exception?"

"Why?" Alessia looks up at me, the curiosity on her face adorable.

"Alessia, will you be my date to an event?" I ask. "If you're feeling up for it, of course."

"I will. What event is it?" Excitement lights up her eyes.

"Andre throws a party each time his new building is ready for tenants."

"I think I've heard of his parties."

"They are quite popular." I grimace.
He knows well that I don't like them but he always invites me nevertheless. I suspect that's the sole reason he does that.

"That's a good marketing strategy."

"It is, although I don't think that's why he throws them." I rub my forehead.
Any reason is a good reason for him to throw a party. 

"When is it?"

"On Saturday." My answer causes Alessia's jaw to drop.

"Liam, that's the day after tomorrow!"

"Yes, it is...?" I reply, unsure of the reason for her outburst.

"You need to tell me these things earlier! I need at least three days to assemble the perfect outfit, now I need extra to think of how we'll match as well." She stands up, gesticulating.
I chuckle. She's unbelievable.

"It's not funny. You've put me in a crisis." The woman swats my shoulder, trying to hide her smile. I grab her hand, interlacing our fingers.

Likewise, darling.

"Can Mia visit me tomorrow?" Alessia asks, when I pull her in between my legs and wrap my arms around her. Her hands travel to my shoulders.

"Of course."