Twenty Three

LIAM SMITH

The next day Alessia's belongings are brought to us in the morning

The next day Alessia's belongings are brought to us in the morning. She gets to unpacking them after breakfast. I still have a feeling that she's trying to keep herself occupied, too busy to think about the future of the dog.

I, on the other hand, can't keep my excited thoughts at bay. Seeing her belongings slowly filling up our apartment threw me into a frenzy. My heartbeat's at a dangerously high speed and there's a slight tremble in my hands while I help Alessia with her things.

"There's no end to these clothes!" The gorgeous woman cries out. "Especially since you decided to buy me a whole new wardrobe."

"My pleasure." I remind her, while making my way to her and pulling her perfect body against mine.

"Mhm. And how did you know what style of clothing I like?" She asks, squinting her eyes in suspicion.

"I thoroughly studied your Instagram." I admit.
And your life.

"So no woman had a hand in it?"

"Absolutely not." I answer, failing at keeping the smug smirk away from my face.

"I hope so." She mutters, pressing a sweet kiss against my lips.
Happiness explodes in my chest at my darling Alessia feeling territorial about what's hers.

I want her to go blind from rage, crazy from jealousy. I want her to be neck deep in this obsession, just like me. To feel claws of despair tearing her apart when thinking of me with someone else.

"Have you got enough space for your things? I can buy the neighbouring apartment and maybe Andre will let us demolish the wall." I suggest, chucking away the dark thoughts swarming my deranged mind.

"Who's Andre?" Her dark brows furrow.

"The owner of the building."
He's also the owner of the building where she used to live.

"Is he your friend?" A glint of hope sparks in her chocolate eyes.

I take a moment to think about Andre. Just reminding myself of the cocky bastard, who believes speaking french will get him laid, makes me grimace.

"No." My answer causes Alessia to pout.

It's adorable that she worries about me not having friends. I wouldn't expect anything less from her kind soul, but I don't need anyone else except her.

"Who did you spend time with before we met?" Her warm hands travel to my biceps.

"My employees."

"Liam..." The woman looks at me with sympathy. "What about your family?" Silence. "Where are they?"

"Last time I checked they were still in England."

"Is that where you're from?" I nod. "When did you move here?" She starts tracing shapes along my arms with her nails.