Twenty Four

LIAM SMITH

"I have a meeting which I unfortunately have to attend

"I have a meeting which I unfortunately have to attend." I tell Alessia, surprisingly causing her to smile.

"You know, I started to think that you're lying to me and that you're actually jobless." She says and takes a sip of her coffee.
We have a wordless agreement that I prepare the breakfast and she makes the coffee.

"How would I be able to afford myself the pleasure of buying you things if I were jobless?" I take her small hand in mine, brushing my thumb along her dainty fingers. The stunning woman blushes.

🐾

Walking into Smith Tech, I hear greetings being thrown at me from each side and I try to reply to each one.

I try to treat my employees with as much respect as I can. Without them this company would fail to exist. Each one of them has bills to pay, some have families to feed, and I feel responsible for each and every one of them.

"Wow. My eyes must be deceiving me. Is that really our boss?"

"Nice to see you too, Reagan." I say to the sarcastic woman who falls into step with me.

"They should be here in fifteen minutes." She informs me as we get into the elevator.

"What about the police?" I ask.

"Already been dealt with."

"Music to my ears." I drawl.

"Have you seen my e-mail?" Reagan ignores my comment as we step out.

"Yes, thank you for reminding me." I say, referring to Andre's event that will soon take place.
She nods and we part ways.

I enter my office and take a seat behind my wooden desk. Not long after, someone knocks on the door and an employee announces that I have guests.

Ivan Morozov, the Sovietnik, walks in with his son, Luka. Both are dressed in dark slacks and shirts, the older man also in a jacket. I glance at their shoes, appreciating that they're polished.

"Ivan. Luka." I nod, making my way to them and shake their rough hands, expensive watches on their wrists.

"Liam, how are you doing?" Ivan asks, as I gesture to them to have a seat.

"All's well, thank you for asking. How about you? How are you feeling?" I reply, retaking my seat.
The man chuckles.

"I'm doing good. You're making me feel old when you ask that."

"That wasn't my intention."

"Ah, I know, I know. Just joking." I nod, smiling.

"Would you like something to drink?" Dread fills my body when I ask that, knowing what is about to happen.