Chapter forty-six

Tori

       "You sure look like an absolute wreck kid," Eric muttered as I hopped into his car. And I swore to myself that the next person that uttered those words was going to get punched. I was absolutely tired of hearing it.

       I ignored his comment about my tired appearance and urged him to drive away from the Curtis house as fast as possible.

         As soon as me and Soda got home last night, I passed out. I felt bad about going to sleep so early though because it seemed like there was something on Soda's mind that he wanted to share with me but of course never got the chance.

        By the time I woke up this morning, most of the boys were off at work and Toni went to go start his first day with Soda and Steve. Obviously, not working with the cars like them though -- I don't think Toni could even fix a bike if his life depended on it. At least the only one I had to sneak away from was Pony, but that kid was smart and it wouldn't be surprising if he started putting two and two together so I had to be sure to be extra careful around him.

         "Are you going to answer me?" Eric called, snapping his fingers in front of my face to get my attention. 

         "Huh?" I replied as I swung my head to look at him.

         Eric rolled his eyes at me, "Never mind Tori."

         Even though I slept all night, I was still exhausted and my body automatically leaned on the door in attempt to catch up on some much needed rest. I just hope I wouldn't randomly be passing out when I was actually out and about, or even worse, at work. 

         There was some slight tension between me and Eric at the moment and it was all because of what happened the other night at the party -- we never got a chance to actually talk about everything and I feel like there was stuff both of us wanted to say but chose to leave it alone. But, it all surrounded on one topic -- Eric and Chris were brothers and I think that was the most bizarre thing I have heard in a while next to finding out about the whole situation with Toni.

         I slightly opened my eyes to side glance Eric as he drove and I still couldn't see any similarities between the two. Like I said before, they were total opposites and I would have never known that they were related until Chris sputtered all of that out.

         "Why are you looking at me like that?" Eric questioned, with a raise of his eyebrow.

        I shrugged, "I don't know."

         Eric's face scrunched up, "You're so strange sometimes," he muttered underneath his breath.

...

         Thankfully, everything at the bank went smoothly with no trouble but I know the same couldn't be said about stopping by to give the money to Chris.

         I know I have mentioned it before but that man had way too many screws loose in his head and everything was a game to him.

        This time, Eric didn't even get a chance to knock on the door before it swung open and every time I saw this man's face it made me want to punch it.

         Chris stepped aside to let us through and I hated the way he smiled down at us in such a condescending way. I hated the way his eyes danced with such trouble.

         I didn't return his look as I walked by, instead I shoved the money in his hand hoping to be done with this whole ordeal, but I should know better when I was in his presence.