- 43 -

-

JUNGWON THEN TOOK his seat in between Yuri and me before giving me a small smile. As the movie commenced, the room plunged into darkness, illuminated only by the eerie glow of the TV screen. The suspenseful music began to play, setting the tone for the horror flick. Yuri's subtle attempts to inch closer to Jungwon did not go unnoticed by anyone, least of all me. Her strategic movements to get his attention were met with polite smiles and casual shifts towards my side by Jungwon.

I stared at the two, not knowing why my heart was aching a bit. Jungwon then looked down at me, noticing this, and slightly moved from Yuri's grasp.
Feeling Yuri's unspoken frustration, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Slowly, I extended my arm towards Jungwon, my fingers brushing against his. He turned his head slightly, his gaze meeting mine, and a faint smile played on his lips. Encouraged by his response, I leaned into him, seeking solace in his comforting presence.

His arm instinctively wrapped around my shoulders, drawing me closer as he looked down at me. "Someone's jealous," Jungwon whispered so only I could hear.

I pushed away from his grasp, annoyed but he held a tight grip on me and pulled me back to his side. "We just started," Jungwon stated before looking at the TV. If the room wasn't this dark, he would've definitely noticed my face all flushed.

Yuri's subtle huffs of annoyance were overshadowed by the tension building on the screen. The jump scares elicited gasps and nervous laughter from the group, but at that moment, all I could feel was the steady rise and fall of Jungwon's chest against mine. His warmth enveloped me, easing the fear that had gripped me earlier. Every time a jump scare would pop up, I was clinging onto Jungwon, hiding into him as he just held a tight grip on my hand.

I observed the screen as a serene scene unfolded, evoking an unsettling atmosphere for the audience. Suddenly, a startling figure appeared on the screen, causing me to let out a yelp and accidentally toss some popcorn in surprise as I tightly grabbed onto Jungwon's arm. The rest of our group also emitted startled shrieks, except for Jungwon, who simply flinched slightly in response to our screams.

As the movie reached its climax, I stole a glance at Jungwon, only to find his eyes fixed on me. In that shared moment of silent understanding, I realized that maybe, just maybe, the real horror wasn't on the screen but the unspoken emotions brewing between us.

As the night drew to a close and our little group decided to retire to our respective rooms, the girls headed off ahead while Jungwon and I lingered behind. With a yawn, Jungwon made a move to enter his room, but I hesitated at my own door.

"Sleep with me," Jungwon suggested with a casual tone, his arm extended towards me. Startled, I turned to face him, my eyes widening as I shook my head adamantly. "Or would you rather risk being snatched by some monster from under the bed?" His words sent a shiver down my spine, filling me with a sense of unease as I tentatively pushed open my door, revealing the darkness within.

A mischievous smirk played on Jungwon's lips as he teased me, his tongue peeking out between his teeth as he chuckled at my quick entrance into his arms. With a comforting touch on my shoulder, he closed the door behind us, leading me over to the bed where he gently tucked me in before settling on his side.

Anticipating his arms around me, I was surprised to find him lying with his back facing me, the sight of his broad shoulders captivating even in the dim light. Lost in my thoughts, I caught myself absentmindedly tugging at the hem of his shirt, a flush creeping up my cheeks as I scolded myself internally.

Letting out a slight sigh, I watched as Jungwon chuckled softly before turning to face me, his pretty features illuminated by the moonlight filtering through the window. Meeting his gaze, my cheeks burned with embarrassment, only to relax as he extended an arm towards me.

"Come on, don't worry. I won't let any monsters snatch you away from me," he reassured me in a drowsy voice, his words laced with warmth and affection. Though hesitant, I eventually gave in, nestling into his arms. This isn't our first time doing something like this, so why do I feel so different?" the comfort and safety of his arms enveloped me in a sense of peace and belonging that I had never experienced before.

+*___________*+
A\N

I hope you guys enjoyed and liked this chapter. Please follow vote and comment to show your support. I am going to post new books soon so follow to get updated on when I post them.
I also have other books, so go check them out if you'd like!

Check out my other books, now out!

I LOVE YOU