Chapter 5

"Girl, where the hell was you at?" Ralphie shouted as I handed the food and drinks over.

"At the Cafe, Ralphie," I replied, getting lost as I took large sips of my latte. The aromatic essence of the espresso danced around with my tongue. My thoughts drift back to the man that caught my attention at the cafe, then more chills run down my back. I snap out of it, sluggishly grabbing my luggage and briefcase that Samyra left by the door. "Alright, I'm going to take a quick nap, you got my key card?"

Ralph handed over my card and we shared a small laugh, looking at Samyra, knocked out, flat on her back and snoring, all with her sunglasses still on. "You know I'm eating her food, right?"

"Mhm" I left, making my way to my room two doors down. I hover my key card over the sensor and I step inside, immediately taken back by how different my room looked compared to Samyra and Ralph's. Granted, theirs was decked out, but I could tell that Tony went all out securing this room for me.

I stepped into the room, admiring the black and dark wood decor. A sleek double-mirrored hallway led me to a living area with a couch, large smart TV, and fully stocked kitchen. A king sized bed sat in the back, separated from the full bathroom by mirrored sliding doors. The corner room had open view windows that showcased Los Angeles' beautiful city.

I rolled my eyes, recognizing the familiar ALT9 logo on a tent card placed next to the tempting chocolate and wine on the kitchen island

I rolled my eyes, recognizing the familiar ALT9 logo on a tent card placed next to the tempting chocolate and wine on the kitchen island. It was definitely a message from Tony:

Lavender,

You've made me an even richer man this year, you know that? In addition to your upcoming bonus check, allow me the opportunity to express my gratitude for all your hard work. Enjoy your weekend ;)

Respectfully,

Tony Moore

Overwhelmed with Tony's amazing gesture mixed with morning fatigue, I threw my sandals off, leaving them at the door along with my luggage. I jumped into the large bed, gathering and wrapping myself in as much of the blanket and sheets as I could in order to drift off to sleep.