Chapter 8

It's been a week since the universe decided to play that cruel joke on me. As I walk into the office on Monday morning, I try to shake off the awkward memories and focus on the week ahead.

There's a lot to be done, with several projects in the pipeline and tight deadlines to meet. After our first meeting of the day, I made my way down the hall, noticing that most of my colleagues had already reported back to their offices. The usually busy hallways were quieter than usual.

I needed to stop by the copy room to print out some reports for a project that Samyra and I just finished. I grabbed the last few sheets of paper from the tray, quickly realizing that it wasn't enough to complete the printing process.

I looked up at the freshly stocked paper above me, sighing deeply. My five foot, five inches was no match for the damn task.

"Seriously? Why'd the temps put this shit up so high?" I whined, muttering under my breath. With the step stool in front of me, I climbed onto the large printer, reaching high, attempting to grab at least one stack of paper from the top shelf, but my efforts were in vain.

Just as I was about to give up, I finally touched the tip of my fingers to the first pack I could get a hold of, but I couldn't move.

Somehow on the way up, my retractable keycard badge, which was attached to my hip, had gotten wedged in between the scanner... the scanner that I was currently sitting on.

I was stuck.

Like those stupid ass pornos where the damsel in distress gets stuck looking for some socks in the dryer and then somehow winds up with an eight inch dick inside of her. Yeah, that was my reality, minus the dick.

I was literally on all fours with my back arched and my right arm held up high. At this point, I'm afraid that if I release my hand, the rest of the packs of paper will topple over me. "I should've just gone with the damn lanyard today." I mutter under my breath, still attempting to wiggle myself free. But with each movement, my badge became more deeply lodged in the scanner.

"Need a hand?" A familiar voice calls to me. The position that I was in, was preventing me from being able to turn behind me and see his face. But If I was correct about the silky voice that was speaking to me, then it would be Shane, his presence taking me off guard.

"Please?" I replied, vulnerably, ironically laughing it off. "My keycard got stuck in the scanner." Embarrassed, I threw my head down smiling and waiting for him to come to my aid. How the fuck was I supposed to explain this without getting made fun of in the process? The short answer is that I can't. Just like I presumed, I could hear Shane chuckling as he inched closer behind me. He towered over me and pushed back the stack of papers, then grabbed and placed one of them on a nearby counter for me.

"Can I help you down?" He asked, making me unravel inside at his asking for consent to touch me. I nodded and without hesitation, he then with a steady grip, placed his firm hands on both sides of my hips, effortlessly guiding me back down to the carpeted floor.

I could feel his breath on my ear. Instantly, my cheeks burn up and the closeness between us sent a wave of chills down my spine, reaching parts of me that I shouldn't even be thinking about right now.

But if I ask him to bend me over this printer and fuck me hard, suddenly I'm in the wrong...

"Shane, hi," I chuckled at the fact that I was finally face to face with him. "Thank you."

"No problem," he said, reaching back over for the paper to hand over to me with a charming smile. "Happy to help."

"I didn't expect to see you here," I admitted, trying to keep my cool despite the proximity between us.