Chapter 16

When I woke up a few hours later, Shane was gone. The light sound of a coffee grinder, Hip-Hop music and the intoxicating smell of eggs and bacon frying on the stove. I could see down the hall, into the kitchen where Shane was shirtless, in his boxer briefs and bumping his head rhythmically to the sounds of Pusha T's The Games We Play, one of my favorite songs by him.

I stepped out of bed, into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I helped myself to a pair of Shane's joggers before making my way towards the kitchen to join him.

I wrapped my arms around Shane from behind and he flinched a little, turning his head towards me to kiss me on my lips.

"Good morning, beautiful. Mm." He said to me, savoring my minty lips.

"Good morning." I spoke back, smiling and turned to sit up high on the counter of the kitchen island, watching him cook, my curly hair falling in front of my face as I bumped to the music along with him, closing my eyes.

Shane finished the french press, then turned to the stove, turning off the heat and placed a fresh, hot plate of food next to me, inviting himself in between my legs as I towered slightly over him. There were two forks on the plate and we began eating, still bumping to the music. It transitioned to Pusha's Trouble On My Mind, and I chuckled.

"Another one of my favorite songs." I said to him, taking a piece of bacon and scooping up some fluffy eggs, then taking a bite.

"Mhm, so you also fuck with Pusha, huh?" He asked, resting his forearms on my thighs and he opened his mouth so I could feed him. I gathered another forkful of eggs and placed it into his mouth and he closed his lips slowly, eying me.

He chewed and smiled at me, bringing himself forward to kiss underneath my chin. Answering his question, I nodded, then lightly rapped some of the lyrics. I bopped my head and raised my hands, pointing my index fingers and snapping along with the beat. Shane smirked and started hyping me up, still chewing.

"He's a lyrical genius." I praised the rapper. "When it comes to hip hop, I like to listen to the ones that actually have something to say. And he grew up in Virginia, so It's only right." I gloated."

"That's deep, baby." Shane's hands explored the curves of my body, sending shivers down my spine. By now, I've already figured that his love language was touch, and he definitely excelled in expressing his affection through it. His hands moved with a gentle yet confident grace, and I found myself drawn even closer to him.

"It's the truth.

"What are you doing today?"  I asked.

"Well, my day is completely open. And if you're not tired of me yet," he says, peppering a trail of kisses up my neck, in between his words, "I was hoping that you might want to spend it with me."

His lips on my neck sent electrifying shivers down my spine, and I couldn't help but giggle at his affectionate playfulness. "Tired of you?" I teased, running my fingers along his nape. "I don't think that's possible."

Shane's warm laughter filled the kitchen as he pulled back slightly, looking into my eyes. "I'm glad to hear that," he said, his voice low and intimate. "So, how about it, baby? What do you want to do today?" I reacted to a text Jasmine had sent me, asking if I could pick her up from the Mall.

"Well' if you don't mind meeting my sister, Jasmine's asking for a ride back home from the mall. Her best friend Raven is with her."

"I'm down with it," he said, wrapping an arm around my waist. "and then we can figure out what we wanna do from there."

"Sounds like a plan."

We savored our coffee and after finishing our breakfast, Shane insisted on doing the dishes. I offered to help, but he playfully shooed me away, claiming he had it all under control. I sat on the kitchen island, watching him with adoration as he moved gracefully around the kitchen, his well-defined muscles flexing with each movement.