Chapter 14

The day of the soft opening had finally arrived, and the atmosphere in Shane's cafe was crowded with anticipation. The staff moved with purpose, meticulously attending to every detail to ensure the event would be a resounding success.

The rich aroma of freshly brewed French-pressed coffee collides with the sweet notes of pastries, creating an inviting and comforting environment. I could hear various conversations taking place, as well as the clinking of cups and low, excited chatter.

Due to space constraints, the entire ALT9 staff couldn't be accommodated at the event. With the exception of Olivera to handle the marketing side of things, Ralph and Samyra took it upon themselves to nominate me to represent the team. Samyra had had a heated argument with Marcus last night, and she seemed to prefer that I go to the event, maybe to avoid whatever was going on in her relationship.

A little past midnight, I stirred in my sleep to find her in my bed, her forehead nestled into the nape of my neck with her arms wrapped tightly around me. With a grip shouted comfort and desperation, I turned around to see that her eyes were heavy and reddened from crying.

She whispered to me that she and Marcus fought and that she didn't want to talk about it. She didn't have to say anything else, knowing that I wouldn't press her about it. So, I wrapped my arms around her and held her close, offering my silent support. We stayed like that for a while and I held her tightly until I had to get up a few hours later to prepare for the opening.

It was moments like that, where words were never necessary. All that mattered was that we were there for each other. We comforted each other like this many times, especially in college when we only had each other. Now, she needed my embrace and I, equally, needed hers as well. It seemed, we were both conflicted with the men in our lives.

Shane was a whirlwind of activity, his energy infectious as he navigated through the crowd, ensuring that everything was in place. He effortlessly greeted guests, provided guidance to the staff, and radiated a sense of genuine enthusiasm. It was an organized chaos, everyone was happy, working together and being here felt right.

I observed from the sidelines, my heart swelling with pride. Three and a half months of hard work, research, and careful design that I had poured into the development of the cafe's application were all coming to a close in this moment.

The application was designed to seamlessly enhance the overall customer experience, integrating technology with the art of crafting a perfect French-pressed coffee house atmosphere.

The interface of the application was simple yet elegant, reflecting the cafe's branding and aesthetic.

I watched as customers easily downloaded the application on their devices and accessed a range of features. One of the standout components was the personalized order feature. Customers could create their own coffee blends, selecting from a variety of beans, roasts, flavors, and add-ins. The app would then provide a suggested name for the unique creation, adding an element of fun and creativity to the process.

One of the most innovative features was the interactive French-pressed coffee tasting notes. Each coffee on the menu had its own QR code that customers could scan using the app. This would open up a detailed profile of the coffee, including its origin, flavor profile, and recommended brewing methods.

This not only educated customers about the beverages they were enjoying but also created an interactive and educational experience.

Olivera's role in the event was crucial as well. As the digital marketing director, she was good at leveraging her persuasive skills to draw attention and create hype around the cafe. Her presence added a layer of sophistication, and I couldn't deny the impact her efforts had in attracting guests inside.