Chapter 46

Joans pov
  I guess he doesn't remember, let's keep it that way then.

  "Oh, never mind," I brush off.

  "So, your the assassin huh?" He asks.

  "You better watch yourself," I growl.

I hate, this man. He's always been a pain in my ass, but how come he doesn't remember me? He also made me fail a mission and because of that I had to go through hell.

  "Ok, how about we all go inside. Jean, will show you guys to your rooms. Some of you will have to bunk. Anastasia can stay with one of the kids," the professor says.

  Anastasia looks at me confused. He is talking too fast for her, I can tell that she doesn't understand. So I interpret for her while we grab our bags. We make our way into the mansion and The red head, Jean, shows us to our rooms.

  "We have Steve and Tony in this room. Clint and Nat in this one, Wanda and Rose in this one. And Bucky and Joan, you guys are in the room all the way down there. Dinner is whenever, there's things in the fridge or you guys can doordash. Just don't eat anything with labels on them, or the kids will get mad," Jean explains.

  We all go our separate ways and unpack.

  "So how long are we staying here for? Wanda packed a lot," I ask.

  "About a week," James says, unpacking his clothes into one of the dressers.

  Then there's a knock on the door. James goes to open it up and it's the Professor.

  "Will you tell Joan that the kids will be ready for training at seven sharp? They'll meet her by the opening stairs and they'll show her to the training room," he explains.

  "Of course," James says politely then closing the door. "Assuming you heard that?"

  I nod my head, taking out my hand gun. I cock it back and then unload it, checking the rounds.

  "So, it seemed that you knew Logan?" James asks.

  "I knew him as Jimmy, or James. He was a real prick."

  "What did he do?" James asks.

  "We had a mission. Whoever he was working for borrowed me and was my handler for a few months. But the mission went south and he's the reason that we failed. Because of that, I had to suffer the consequences. He later then came to me for help, I guess his brother killed his wife or some shit and then he asked me to help him out. At that point I hadn't been rebutted for a while so I helped him out. Thankfully Hydra never found out and we went back. He told me that he was going to get me out, but clearly he never did. I also killed his pregnant wife so," I explain.

  "Wow, that took a turn," James chuckles. "Well although he doesn't remember, are you going to tell him?"

  "Tell him what? Hey, I killed your pregnant wife and you and I used to work together. I also am the one that stole your lighter that you got back in the 1800's but hey!"

  "Wait, how old is he?" James asks.

  "I can't fully remember. Hydra had a file on him, but it's gone now."

"But he clearly doesn't remember this, he didn't even remember his name. Maybe it's all fine then."

  "Who know? I mean, knowing my luck, it'll be a blessing if I don't get shit on."

  James chuckles at this and I can't help but smile too.

  Come seven, I am waiting by the main staircase. I look down to my watch that ow reads 7:12. I sigh and a group of kids come rushing down the stairs. They're all laughing and giggling, very immature. The moment they spot me, they stop their giggling and one of the girls walks up to me.