Chapter 51

Bucky's pov
It's been five days since the incident. She hasn't woken up nor showed any signs of waking up. The professor, Wanda, and Jean would switch back and forth, trying to giver her extra help. I haven't left her side at all. When no one was around, I would talk to her. Anastasia and Rose would come in together and talk to her and hold her hand. We all did.

I look over to the clock that reads 1:26 am. I look back down to Joan and Wanda. Wanda has her hands on Joan's temples with red strings going into her head.

"Come on love, it's time that you wake up," I say gently, kissing her hand.

Out of no where, Wanda's eyes dart open. I look over to her with a confused look. Wanda's face shows signs of fear and unease.

"Wanda, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I-I don't know. It just went black. I can't get back in, it's like I hit a wall," she explains.

"Does that mean she's waking up?" I ask.

"I don't know, I've never done this before. You stay here, I'm going to go find Ian," Wanda says, sprinting out the door.

I look down to Joan who's face is the same it has been the past five days. I feel worried and scared for her. What if this is it? What if she's dead? What if she doesn't make it?

Then, her eyes open. Her once dull, clouded over eyes, are now a bright blue color that has life in them.

"Joan?" Her names tastes like honey on my lips.

"Hey James," she says in a weak, tired voice.

"Hey doll, your going to be ok, alright? Your going to be just fine," I tell her, cupping her cheek and rubbing circles on the back of her hand.

Suddenly, the door bursts open and we both turn our gaze over to everyone rushing in. Anastasia pushes through everyone and sprints towards the bed.

"Hey there love," Joan says with another weak smile.

Anastasia climbs up onto the bed with her and immediately rests her head on Joans chest. Letting go of my hand, Joan wraps her arms around Ana and plays with her hair. Ana starts crying but Joan just plays with her hair, shushing her. I know that Joan would never accept it, but she really is a mother to Anastasia.

"Joan, thank goodness you're ok," Rose says, coming up to her side.

"Hey Rose," Joan greets.

"Joan, how do you feel?" Ian asks.

"Tired," she responds.

"What's the last thing that you remember?" Steve asks.

"I don't know. Laying in bed with James I guess," she answers.

"Do you remember anything else?" Tony asks.

"I remember feeling angry, but I didn't have a reason." Then, Joans face drops. "What happened? What did I do?" She asks, worry filling her voice.

"You lost control Joan," Ian says.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"It's ok, no one got seriously injured."

"What happened Ian?"

"You were at that point that Ivan said that would happen. I didn't see a way out, so I shot you and killed you. We brought you back to life but it was a little rough," Ian explains in Spanish.

"Who did I hurt?" I ask back.

"None of the kids got seriously injured and everything is recoverable. No one died except technically you," he responds.