Chapter 50

Bucky's pov
Joan grabs my hand and snaps it. I let out a grunt of pain and now I can see her eyes. They are dull and lifeless. No, this can't be it. Joan lets go of my hand and then flicks her wrist up and I go flying into the wall. As my head hits the wall, I end up losing consciousness.

As I sit back up, Joan and everyone else has fled the room. I quickly get up and wipe the blood off from my nose. I dart out of the room and then I hear a gunshot go off. I quickly sprint towards the sound and as I turn the corner, I see Joan shooting Logan in the chest. I watch as she sends an entire barrel into him. Logan drops, blood pouring out of him.

Steve jumps on the back of her, but before he can, Joan grabs his neck and throws him into the wall. Natasha throws a widow bite at her, but this only keeps Joan down for about three seconds before she's back on her feet. I sprint towards her and go to throw a punch but she catches it and snaps my hand back. I let out a hiss then she kicks in my leg and places the gun to my head. Right before she pulls the trigger, a ball of fire is about to hit her. She quickly dodges it and sprints away.

I have never seen her eyes like that. There was no soul behind them. They seemed dark and empty.

"Buck, you ok?" Steve asks, taking my side.

"Yeah," I huff, grabbing my wrist.

Suddenly, a high pitch scream can be heard from the room that Joan ran into. Steve and I quickly sprint to the room and Joan has Anastasia by the neck, making her legs dangle. I quickly tackle Joan to the ground and Ana breaks free. I force myself up and quickly grab Anastasia.

"Bucky! Cover her eyes!" Ian yells.

I grab Anastasia and force her head into my chest, giving her a tight squeeze. The moment I do so, I hear the sound of a gun fire. No, she killed someone. I quickly turn my head and my heart drops. No. No, this can't happen. The room falls silent, and my heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach.

Lying on the floor is Joan with a bullet right in between her eyes. Blood pours out onto the carpet, soaking the floor and her hair. I pick up Ana and hand her over to Rose who covers her eyes and ears. I storm over to Ian and pick him up by the collar of his shirt and punch him up against the wall.

"What the FUCK where you thinking?!" I scream in his face, tears streaming down my face. He doesn't answer so I slam him into it harder. "Fucking answer me!!"I shout.

"Bucky, if I didn't put her down she would have killed everyone," he simply says.

I drop Ians body and look over to Joan. Her hair is scattered on the floor, her eyes open and lifeless. I rush over to her and pick her limp body up and into my arms. Her hair dragging on the floor. I bring her closer to me, burying my face into her chest, weeping and sobbing.

"No, no, no, no. This can't be it," I sob.

I feel a hand make contact with my shoulder, but I just grip Joan tighter.

"Buck," Steve says softly.

"No," is all I can get out.

How could he kill her? She would have pulled through. She was a going to be ok. Instead he just killed her and didn't even giver her a chance!

"Bucky, this is what she would have wanted," Steve says.

"Are you serious right now Steve?" Rose yells. "How could you say that?! After all she's been through and after all the ways she's helped us! How can you say that?"

"Can we get the bloody kid out of here?" Ian asks.

"I'll take her," Jean says.

The entire time, I just hold Joans body tight against mine. I can't let her go, not yet, not when I got my girl back.