Chapter Forty-Five

"Please, enjoy your accommodations for the night," the queen bowed as the king and queen left us in front of a pair of rooms.

We stayed outside of our rooms until we were alone and, once we were, James grabbed my arm and pulled me inside his room. I immediately gave him a thumbs up and then changed it to a thumbs down, trying to gauge how the communications went. He wiggled his hands indicating that there were pros and cons while searching the room for paper. When he didn't find any, he grabbed his phone and started typing a message in the notes app before handing it to me.

It read, "I'm happy with how it turned out. Lizari and Coralis both offering full support in launching an attack. In exchange, if the attack fails, we all move down here and the people of Silverleaf will need to provide a barrier to this kingdom rather than our own. Could be our best case scenario. Only one problem...they think you still have your powers."

It really did seem like a good scenario. Other than giving up the only lives they've ever known, it was obvious that Coralis was a beautiful place and could mimic the world above water with no troubles. It would be difficult, though not impossible depending on whose magic she possesses, for Eris to travel down to Coralis. And, even if she can, magical exhaustion exists. It'd be hard for her to launch a barrage of attacks and still plan to win.

I nodded my head and then cocked it before adding my own message, "How do I play into this?"

"You've got a reputation for being powerful. The exact statement was 'it will be nice to have someone like Rhea on our side.'"

He handed me his phone. I read the message and placed one hand over my heart.

"I'm flattered," I said aloud. James smirked at the response before giving me a playful shove. Then I typed the rest onto his phone, "I hope I have powers by the time we launch an attack, and if I don't, make sure none of the important people are near me. Protect the people of Silverleaf by keeping these negotiations in place. I'd never want it to come back that you somehow deceived them because I don't have powers right now. Besides, we have to be careful around the queen. I might've said something that concerned her."

James read my message back to him and then glared at me while holding onto his phone.

"It's not that bad," I lightly whispered while holding up my hands. He shook his head and handed his phone back to me. I typed out a message explaining the use of weather manipulation and the conversation I had with the queen.

He nodded his head while reading along before offering, "I can help you with that."