Chapter Fifty

The push of his lips against mine was passionate and quickly turned into a hunger. He moved toward my neck, kissing me the whole time. I grabbed my hair and moved it out of the way to better accommodate the fun that was about to be had. Then, James's kisses slowed down and I felt his hot breath against my neck.

"We shouldn't," he breathed.

"It's a little too late for that." I laughed as he didn't pull away, despite his own statement. I moved a hand through his hair. "You're thinking too logically."

Of course he was, that didn't surprise me. And, he was right, it wasn't the time to start making out, but that never stopped me before and I sure as hell wasn't going to let it stop me now. We were still in the getting-to-know-you phase and any other time in my life that would've been a perfectly acceptable time to kiss...and then some. But nothing about what we were facing was normal. We were all fighting against time that we didn't have, to stop a serial murderer with insane powers. For someone like James, that meant he needed to focus on how to protect himself, his people, and even the world. On the other hand, and the category that I most fell into was, I don't know if I'll live tomorrow, so why not have sex with a hot guy today?

"Maybe," he agreed but pulled away regardless. He hovered over my body, each arm holding him up framing my face. He stared down at me before slowly lowering himself and kissing me again. Right as I let myself believe he was serious about hooking up, he pulled away again. It felt like he was teasing me.

"Don't pull away." My hands reached up to his neck and he fell with the pressure. I swear I could feel his lips smile before kissing me again.

"Rhea." He pulled away again and rolled away from me on the bed. "I want this, just as much as you do, but I can't do this."

"You're in your head," I whispered as I climbed over to him. My body climbed onto his own as I bent down to kiss his neck, "I can help with that."

His hands betrayed his thoughts as he moved them along my body, tracing every inch of me that he could.